OVH Community, your new community space.

TOR Allowed?

runa
08-05-2009, 14:27
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
TOR is not allowed on the Ovh network, as it is against French legislation which demands the conservation of all logs that enable the identification of a website editor or participant.
It sounds like this is just the case for exit nodes. Am I right?

fozl
27-04-2009, 12:54
TOR is not allowed on the Ovh network, as it is against French legislation which demands the conservation of all logs that enable the identification of a website editor or participant.

IainK
27-04-2009, 11:38
I would assume that as long as it requires a username and password in order to connect then there will be no problem with it as it is not a public service and should not incur abuse.
But should you be wanting to run a public relay I would be almost certain this will not be allowed. Would be interesting to hear OVH's official response none the less though.

runa
22-04-2009, 09:08
Quote Originally Posted by awalsh
Ive read the terms and conditions, and apparently I need prior permission. However whenever I try to contact support via the manager I receive a reply in french about missing details (even though all form fields are filled out). How can I contact support without getting this message?
Did you manage to contact ovh in the end? I have just read section 5.4 in the terms of service[1] and it looks like it might be for IRC only.

[1]: http://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/t...S_ON_A_RPS.pdf

OVH.Customer
29-02-2008, 20:13
Ive read the terms and conditions, and apparently I need prior permission. However whenever I try to contact support via the manager I receive a reply in french about missing details (even though all form fields are filled out). How can I contact support without getting this message?
You can email customersupport@ovh.co.uk or call 02072225500. The office is open Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm.

awalsh
29-02-2008, 20:03

Allot
29-02-2008, 18:53
Are we allowed to run the TOR proxy server (as a relay) on the Kimsufi package? I haven't seen it mentioned as not allowed anywhere.... I want to run it to put a fair amount of traffic on the kimsufi and see how the network performs

You may check our terms and conditions for this. It would need to comply with all the applicable laws, such as Intellectual Property and Copyright. Here is the link for this (General Terms and Conditions):

http://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/termsofservice/

jwilliams88
29-02-2008, 17:16
can't see why not, as long as you are not breaking any legal or copyright laws from france/the european union then give it a go

awalsh
28-02-2008, 21:09
Are we allowed to run the TOR proxy server (as a relay) on the Kimsufi package? I haven't seen it mentioned as not allowed anywhere.... I want to run it to put a fair amount of traffic on the kimsufi and see how the network performs