OVH Community, your new community space.

How to "unvalidate" sms?

marks
05-07-2010, 10:12
that's how the ownership change should have been done in the first place, not passing the OVH account from one to another.

We can't change the name in the domain just like this. We are required to do this process secure, otherwise it could be abused.

I would suggest you to contact the previous owner and to do things properly. As it says in the procedure, the ownership will be changed between the current owner's nichandle and your nichandle. For this, make sure that the nichandle from the current owner (the guy who sold it to you) are the original ones.

At the end of the process, you'll end up with the domain appearing in your nichandle and you'll be able to discard the other one. All nice and tidy.

dansgalaxy
05-07-2010, 10:03
Quote Originally Posted by marks
To do so, you have to follow a procedure:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/en/proc...hangeOwner.cgi

It requires you to provide proofs of address and ID from the previous owner.
Bloody hell this is a lot of work for a simple change.

So from what I have seen I now need to try and get hold of this guy and get him to provide details of his passport, and do this 3 times? Just to have the name changed on the domain?

marks
05-07-2010, 09:29
Also how do I change ownership of .com domains as they in his name still :/
To do so, you have to follow a procedure:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/en/proc...hangeOwner.cgi

It requires you to provide proofs of address and ID from the previous owner.

dansgalaxy
04-07-2010, 23:32
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Did you do a domain transfer?
I was given the account, changed owner of account to me (as far as i can tell) and changed contact details on domains to mine, but still in previous owners name from what i seen of it i have to do a form and fax to OVH? I was just going to call them tomorrow morning...

Myatu
04-07-2010, 23:17
Did you do a domain transfer?

dansgalaxy
04-07-2010, 21:53
Hi,

I just brought some domains off a guy, all hosted on a ovh account, so currently going through changing everything to my info, how can I unvalidate the sms ? as its on his number.

Also how do I change ownership of .com domains as they in his name still :/