OVH Community, your new community space.

Delegating Tech Access in OVH Manager

Rilly
10-07-2010, 02:46
I agree.. Seems a bit weird that assigning a tech contact causes the server admin (the person that ordered it) to lose access to requesting the failover ips... if the tech contact could request them, i would say OK.. makes sense.. but in this case - nobody can.. so I have to delete the tech contact first , assign failovers, then re-add tech contact.

Myatu
09-07-2010, 22:09
Quote Originally Posted by fozl
Yes, this is WAD.
Seriously? Why?

fozl
09-07-2010, 17:34
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
So is this working as designed in the OVH Manager?
Yes, this is WAD.

Rilly
09-07-2010, 16:19
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
I was referring to the Failover IPs.. once i added a tech resource, i was no longer able to allocate a failover ip.. and neither could the tech resource. I had to delete the tech resource to be able to enable a failover IP, then re-add the tech contact back. It appears that once a tech resource is added, some access abilities are lost to the main admin
So is this working as designed in the OVH Manager?

Rilly
08-07-2010, 03:49
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi Rilly

The Tech nic cannot get IP slots because they have to be purchased. The technical nic does not reveal billing details in the OVH Manager, the details listed are those of the technical nic handle.
I was referring to the Failover IPs.. once i added a tech resource, i was no longer able to allocate a failover ip.. and neither could the tech resource. I had to delete the tech resource to be able to enable a failover IP, then re-add the tech contact back. It appears that once a tech resource is added, some access abilities are lost to the main admin

ictdude - yes.. someone can create an OVH handle and be added as a tech resource so they can access the server in OVH Manager

ictdude
07-07-2010, 23:14
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi Rilly

The Tech nic cannot get IP slots because they have to be purchased. The technical nic does not reveal billing details in the OVH Manager, the details listed are those of the technical nic handle.
So do i get this right ? You can make a second nic login account and let a other
person you know ,like a backup administrator service you're settings ?

Ofcourse this person can not buy or do check billing stuff only technical.
Great option. Would be nice for future to make a profile with user rights.
So some users can be add to have different tasks.

Neil
07-07-2010, 10:36
Hi Rilly

Rilly
07-07-2010, 04:06
which type of billing details do you mean? as in due dates for the server? or something else? (I can check if you tell me what)

layman
07-07-2010, 02:33
Doesn't tech access/account also reveal your/server billing details? Which it is NOT supposed to do, or has it been fixed?

Rilly
06-07-2010, 23:16
I must be not understanding the instructions... Where do we delegate technical access to the servers so that a partner can manage it completely and so I can as well (but not for billing?)

I saw this http://help.ovh.co.uk/AddServiceToNic

I added a tech contact.. so I have admin, he has tech.. but now I can't do some features (such as get the failover IPs).. did I do something wrong?

Rilly