OVH Community, your new community space.

citrix and centos

BenB
13-07-2010, 18:12
Quote Originally Posted by svan
no longer need it, i manage to install centos 5.4 from one cd and now i'am able to install xen with hypervm which i belive is perfect also because there is grub now this wont be hard to be loaded i will post back if i had an success with the installation.
Wouldn't really use hypervm, after all that's happend and the way development is going. But that's your choice .

I would look at getting Solusvm for a production server (http://www.solusvm.com/).

Let me know how it goes.

Ben,

svan
13-07-2010, 16:40
no longer need it, i manage to install centos 5.4 from one cd and now i'am able to install xen with hypervm which i belive is perfect also because there is grub now this wont be hard to be loaded i will post back if i had an success with the installation.
as for the installation of centos and xen it has been an success till now going to load a linux and windows to see how all works

svan
13-07-2010, 16:20

BenB
13-07-2010, 16:15
i know it's support it i manage to install one , however i did not manage to make internet work on the promox i try all the things with no success, if you know more please share with me.
I would stick with Citrix, windows on proxmox is not the best. I will post up a tutorial on creating vm's in Citrix.

The netinstall on citrix wont work, as it dosnt have the xen kernal.

Ben.

svan
13-07-2010, 16:14
Quote Originally Posted by YouWhat
try the XENServer, I have windows and several linux installs using it.
OVH gives you the choice between the following systems:
Operating system Release 2 OVH (Gentoo)
32 bits 64 bits
Operating system Release 1 OVH (RedHat 7.2)
Operating system Linux Plesk 9 (CentOS 5)
Operating system Linux Plesk 8.4
Operating system Cpanel 11 (CentOS 5)
Operating system Ubuntu Desktop 8.04 LTS
Operating system Citrix XenServer 5.5 (BETA)
Operating system VPS Proxmox 1.5
Operating system VPS VMware Server 1 (CentOS 5) (BETA)
Operating system VPS Virtuozzo 4 (CentOS 5)
Operating system OVH E-mail Gateway
Operating system DirectAdmin (CentOS 5)
Operating system Ispconfig 3 (Debian 5.0 Lenny)
Operating system VMware ESXi 4 (BETA)
Operating system Openfiler NAS/SAN (BETA)
Operating system Elastix PBX Appliance (ALPHA)
Operating system Linux Parallels Small Business Panel (CentOS 5) (BETA)

the only xen server i have is Citirx and i just told i'am unable to install CentOS on it.

YouWhat
13-07-2010, 15:36
try the XENServer, I have windows and several linux installs using it.

svan
13-07-2010, 15:32
i know it's support it i manage to install one , however i did not manage to make internet work on the promox i try all the things with no success, if you know more please share with me.

yonatan
13-07-2010, 15:29
xen is only with cirtix which is bad for now , promox works only with linux does not have network support for windows , and xen i'am working to install it an fresh centos 5.4 because 5.5 from ovh has some issue on accepting it.
proxmox does support windows... via the KVM hypervizor

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2082

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Windows_..._on_KVM_(Video)

svan
13-07-2010, 15:28
xen is only with cirtix which is bad for now , promox works only with linux does not have network support for windows , and xen i'am working to install it an fresh centos 5.4 because 5.5 from ovh has some issue on accepting it.

yonatan
13-07-2010, 15:23
yes i manage somehow to get centos from netboot and it' was failing to detect me the hdd , so i try it with centos.org with ovh and no success, however right now working with vKVM to install centos 5.4 because 5.5 has some issue with xen wont install it and i will see i have any success, i'am try to use virtualization for windows and linux , and with Promox windows has no network connection linux has , with citrix i have windows connection and no way to install linux, and with others i did not try yet

any sugestions for virtualization for win and linux?
Or XEN or Proxmox :-)

svan
13-07-2010, 15:19
Quote Originally Posted by YouWhat
If mirror.ovh.net failed, I doubt you will have any more luck with mir1.ovh.net or mir2.ovh.net either
yes i manage somehow to get centos from netboot and it' was failing to detect me the hdd , so i try it with centos.org with ovh and no success, however right now working with vKVM to install centos 5.4 because 5.5 has some issue with xen wont install it and i will see i have any success, i'am try to use virtualization for windows and linux , and with Promox windows has no network connection linux has , with citrix i have windows connection and no way to install linux, and with others i did not try yet

any sugestions for virtualization for win and linux?

YouWhat
13-07-2010, 15:15
yes i did try with mirror.ovh.net and i had no success, do you thing mir2 will work?
If mirror.ovh.net failed, I doubt you will have any more luck with mir1.ovh.net or mir2.ovh.net either

YouWhat
13-07-2010, 15:12
Citrix as in XenServer I'm guessing??

If so you need a a NFS or something like to install the ISO from.

svan
13-07-2010, 15:12
[QUOTE=yonatan;32298]have you tried the netinstall ?
[url]http://mir2.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/5.5/isos/[/url

yes i did try with mirror.ovh.net and i had no success, do you thing mir2 will work?

yonatan
13-07-2010, 15:08
have you tried the netinstall ?
http://mir2.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/5.5/isos/

svan
13-07-2010, 12:32
hello does anyone have any ideea how the heck i can install centos into citrix? i'am searching for 3 days and i still cannot figure it how to be installed as vm , windows works fine but i need centos , anyone any ideea? any where from i can buy a centos template that will work?>

thanks