OVH Community, your new community space.

domain and nameserver setup direct admin

jonlewi5
16-07-2010, 15:00
Quote Originally Posted by secure26
Whats wrong with the support here?
Forum is not an offical support method.

As stated above, its just customers helping customers

LawsHosting
16-07-2010, 14:59
We use DirectAdmin, but we purchased licenses from JBMC Software themselves, so OVH could have a different setup as to the default.

If you are just using 1 domain, enter OVH's nameservers (Admin > Settings)... We use an independant branded nameserver/dns for our customer's domains (easier for us).

brgroup
16-07-2010, 14:56
No support here. Alot of really smart people helping each other out. You'll get a reply soon. In the mean time maybe this will help:
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/sho...=&postid=10306

secure26
16-07-2010, 14:05
Whats wrong with the support here?

secure26
16-07-2010, 12:17
Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help me here ragarding my issue, I purchase a kmsi dedicated server with direct admin control panel but im having issues with the default name servers.

Iv purchased a domain name from here and im trying to add my domain to the direct admin default settings, i want direct admin to use only my domain name and not ksserver.kimsufi.com.

when i look at direct admins name servers it disaplys the default ip and ksserver.kimsufi.com so of course when i add a new client to my direct admin they have to use the default nameservers ksserver.kimsufi.com.

how do i add my domain name as the only domain name and all clients have to use my domain name nameservers etc. at the moment you cant create subdomains and emails dont work bec\ause of the server default nameservers.

hope this make sense if not il try and explain further