OVH Community, your new community space.

Re-Installation of Windows+Plesk

Euan
22-07-2010, 21:35
Quote Originally Posted by marks
I remember talking to you on the phone and I was of the impression that we understood each other perfectly. Don't tell me now you didn't! If I can understand RapidSpeeds with his Scottish accent, I should be able to understand everything!

There was a ticket risen automatically even though the installation didn't go into error. On the phone, we said that at least we had to wait for the ticket to be taken care of and the installation to go into error.

Yours is a Kimsufi server, so interventions are not that quick as in Pro servers. When the intervention was done, the BIOS was flashed and the hardware of the server was changed (quite unusual, but that's what the engineer has decided for the problem).

After that, the installation restarted, and it went into error , because of "Invalid SPLA license number".

Now, the server has been reinstalled in Proxmox as requested.

The forums are for the community, not for support. We don't mind to answer questions here, but the correct and quickest support is directly with us (telephone and email).
If you were told to wait for the email is because we had to wait for the intervention to be done. We could do nothing till the engineer had gone to the server and checked it.
And my Scottish accent Marks

Winit
22-07-2010, 21:30
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
Speak when spoken to
Knew the template wouldn't work out. I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures!

marks
22-07-2010, 09:25
Quote Originally Posted by Didi-Dedis.com
Now from the phone i got a guy (don't know his him) as i couldnt understand him and he could'nt understand me (i'm scottish btw) ...
I remember talking to you on the phone and I was of the impression that we understood each other perfectly. Don't tell me now you didn't! If I can understand RapidSpeeds with his Scottish accent, I should be able to understand everything!

There was a ticket risen automatically even though the installation didn't go into error. On the phone, we said that at least we had to wait for the ticket to be taken care of and the installation to go into error.

Yours is a Kimsufi server, so interventions are not that quick as in Pro servers. When the intervention was done, the BIOS was flashed and the hardware of the server was changed (quite unusual, but that's what the engineer has decided for the problem).

After that, the installation restarted, and it went into error , because of "Invalid SPLA license number".

Now, the server has been reinstalled in Proxmox as requested.

So please please someone at OVH tell me whats happening as i getting nothing on emails or telephone support..... think its a bad day when you have to post issue on forums just to get heard or get help.
The forums are for the community, not for support. We don't mind to answer questions here, but the correct and quickest support is directly with us (telephone and email).
If you were told to wait for the email is because we had to wait for the intervention to be done. We could do nothing till the engineer had gone to the server and checked it.

RapidSpeeds
21-07-2010, 20:41
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
Maybe if you didn't advertise non-OVH services on the OVH forum....
Speak when spoken to

Winit
21-07-2010, 20:38
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
Maybe if you didn't copy people's signatures it would work
Maybe if you didn't advertise non-OVH services on the OVH forum....

Didi-Dedis.com
21-07-2010, 15:10
Thanks for the help Rapidspeeds.....

RapidSpeeds
21-07-2010, 15:03
You need to call them, ask to speak to Marc or Neil - only those two.

If you speak to Marc, he has dealt with this problem several times with me - he will know exactly what you are talking about and will reset it for you.

If you speak to Neil, explain the situation, he is a good guy and will find a solution for you quickly.

0207 252 2310 <-- i'm scottish and my business partner is english, so no excuses, they can understand me, and I can understand them :P

Didi-Dedis.com
21-07-2010, 14:47
lol....

RapidSpeeds
21-07-2010, 14:45
Maybe if you didn't copy people's signatures it would work

Didi-Dedis.com
21-07-2010, 14:38
Need help on a server I have... this morning about 11:11am I went to reinstall my server to a different OS Due to customer wishing to change it. The server is stuck on installation os OS This is where it is stuck on " 6 Configuration of new system 218:55 in progress".

I did receive a intervention email from OVH about 3 hrs ago so I thought I would give them a call to see what is happening as i cant do nothing with the server, can't reboot it, cant boot it into rescue mode, and can't reinstall the os again as every time I click on the reinstall button i goto my progress and see my time has jumped even higher.

Now from the phone i got a guy (don't know his him) as i couldnt understand him and he could'nt understand me (i'm scottish btw) from this phone call i was asked did i put in a ticket and yes i did... next he says click on the reinstall button and try to reinstall the server again.... I explained i could'nt do that as every time i clicked the button I go straight to my progress of my installation. Then I was told to keep checking my emails for the status of whats happening.... dont get me wrong but when a company has a telephone number to call for tech help but when you phone ovh your told to check your email. My question is on this why have a telephone support when all you do is tell them to check your emails......

All i want to know is what is happening with my server..... what have I todo to get it online and not stuck on installation progress page.

Ticket Number #498388

So please please someone at OVH tell me whats happening as i getting nothing on emails or telephone support..... think its a bad day when you have to post issue on forums just to get heard or get help.

Look Forward to your Help/Reply

Marc