OVH Community, your new community space.

A quick thanks to the TS staff

gregoryfenton
08-06-2008, 14:03
Start 100M large ++ (under dedicated servers/previous offers)

Dave
08-06-2008, 12:36
Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfenton
Today my dedicated server went down (I swear I hardly touched it!). I lost the ability to SSH, it stopped responding to pings, the works.

A quick glance at the roubaix status page told my my server was down so I forced a reboot.

I didn't get very far before the automated email telling my my server was down graced my inbox (12:16hrs GMT).

Not long afterwards I got a second email - End of intervention on ns200313.ovh.net (13:11hrs GMT)

Date: 2008-06-07 13:12:41 : ns200313.ovh.net detected as down
Date 2008-06-07 13:37:44, Loic made Motherboard replacement: Carte mère HS remplacée
Ping ok, services ok

So in the space of 25 minutes my server went down, a technician took his feet off his desk, dropped his magazine, walked over to my server, diagnosed it and replaced the motherboard.

I've seen a few horror stories on these forums but I have to say I am astounded at the speed the guys had my server back up and running.

Whatever the article the technician was reading must have been riveting for him to want to get back to it so quickly

Thanks a lot
Which package are you on?

gregoryfenton
08-06-2008, 07:44
Today my dedicated server went down (I swear I hardly touched it!). I lost the ability to SSH, it stopped responding to pings, the works.

A quick glance at the roubaix status page told my my server was down so I forced a reboot.

I didn't get very far before the automated email telling my my server was down graced my inbox (12:16hrs GMT).

Not long afterwards I got a second email - End of intervention on ns200313.ovh.net (13:11hrs GMT)

Date: 2008-06-07 13:12:41 : ns200313.ovh.net detected as down
Date 2008-06-07 13:37:44, Loic made Motherboard replacement: Carte mère HS remplacée
Ping ok, services ok

So in the space of 25 minutes my server went down, a technician took his feet off his desk, dropped his magazine, walked over to my server, diagnosed it and replaced the motherboard.

I've seen a few horror stories on these forums but I have to say I am astounded at the speed the guys had my server back up and running.

Whatever the article the technician was reading must have been riveting for him to want to get back to it so quickly

Thanks a lot