OVH Community, your new community space.

How is the low priority on transit speeds?

Thelen
01-08-2010, 08:45
It is OVH, that is how they make their money when they charge so little

mks
31-07-2010, 22:52
They denied me switching to unmetered. What kind of policy is this? It's not like I am asking them to switch me immediately, which would be unfair after I used the 5TB of higher quality bandwidth. I asked to be switched after the next renewal date and they still denied.

Thelen
31-07-2010, 15:24
We have 15 SP mini unmetered, they all push 10-15TB on average a month no problem. Granted, more is probably to LW/lu than outside, so that explains why it isn't totally terrible, but on the other hand, beats the 5TB you get normally

RapidSpeeds
30-07-2010, 10:21
My advice would be to stay away from the unmetered range.

if you want to test for yourself, buy an unmetered, and then ask to switch to traffic series (you cannot switch back to unmetered after this).

I have seen 60%+ packet loss on some days, but they do warn you before you buy.

It works like this - The OVH network routers will only send your packets after they have sent the packets from the traffic series - if it's taking to long to send the packet (whilst it waits on traffic series finishing) it will drop the packet - simple as that.

stoner
30-07-2010, 09:53
I'm afraid you cant switch like that.. I got one as unmetered before and noticed the speeds sucked not just to USA but even to some places in the UK. Scotland and Ireland were really bad but then I thought they might be slow, 10k was taking the piss abit though.
I moved it over to traffic series. I tried to get it changed back but they wont allow it..

mks
30-07-2010, 04:18
I am on the 5TB monthly plan right now but I can only download at 100kb/s. How is the unmetered low priority on transit speeds?

Does OVH allow you to switch between the 2 plans month to month?