OVH Community, your new community space.

Bandwidth/Traffic in Manager

stoner
05-08-2010, 08:50
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I believe it is updated daily, but the exact time I do not know. You should run MRTG or similar script so you know how much bandwidth you have consumed.
I have seen it take days to update before, makes it very hard to keep tabs on what it used.

As for running MRTG or similar. It means nothing to OVH.. I run vnstat (lastest version via deamon) That has showed i'm using much less than what OVH reckon and all I get from there support is vnstat must be showing incorrectly.

Never could it be OVH has "fcuked" up AGAIN. Oh no, its not ovh's problem and never is.

Neil/Marcs.. If this problem is showing on some servers then I feel its upto you as the supplier to check servers are counting correctly.. The problem dont lie server side as this is all done on your end. Plus its very hard for us as customers to check this.
It means taking a server offline from our customers untill the manager next updates.. Then running traffic between two server (which some people dont have) and finally wait for the manager to update again to see if its correct.
As I said I have seen it take days for the manager to update so this could mean a minimum of 2 days downtime but more than likely were looking at 4 days or more. Thats not how I run my bussiness and I for one cant afford to lose customers because of your incompetence.

curiosity
04-08-2010, 12:10
its been the same reading for 48 hours now

curiosity
03-08-2010, 23:17
Thanks Andy , but the problem has already happened .MRTG may tell me what's happening in future, but to late for this month.
reading MRTG in OVH Manager shows little differance in overall traffic from the last few months, certainly not double the amount anyway

I have a feeling that internal BW is being counted as total traffic again as this months usage has doubled on my normal monthly usage
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4396

Andy
03-08-2010, 19:02
I believe it is updated daily, but the exact time I do not know. You should run MRTG or similar script so you know how much bandwidth you have consumed.

curiosity
03-08-2010, 17:33
At what point does the bandwidth/traffic monitor in ovhmanager get updated ?

I just got the message about reaching 80% ( or could of been 90%) of monthly 10TB limit , ovh manager shows Consumed this month : 9.18 TiB but speeds are down to 10 Mbps already.