OVH Community, your new community space.

Internal traffic counting as external again

fozl
30-08-2010, 12:34
Quote Originally Posted by mks
Is this fixed yet or not?

Manager shows I used 1.5TB in just 4 days, I don't think it's possible.
Ticket please.

mks
28-08-2010, 06:44
Is this fixed yet or not?

Manager shows I used 1.5TB in just 4 days, I don't think it's possible.

Thelen
23-08-2010, 02:25
Yes, yes they do.

People teed off with this OVH rubbish that want to move away, PM or email me what you'd be willing to pay and for what specs, might be able to point you to a NON-OVH solution.

dzimi83
22-08-2010, 19:48
Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
dont expect anything till monday..support is closed over the weekend.
heh.. sad but true. Seems like that greatest "Support2010" doesn't work. I send few requests over this weekend to switch me back to 100Mbps (as angie wrote here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?...7&postcount=97) and NO ONE respond.
I paid for extra 2TB of bandwidth/traffic and I am back to 100Mbps automaticly.
Does really OVH has me and my money in deeply ass ?

turbanator
21-08-2010, 01:31
Quote Originally Posted by dzimi83
We'll see tomorrow. I hope that Angie will switch me back to 100Mbps....
dont expect anything till monday..support is closed over the weekend.

dzimi83
20-08-2010, 19:40
lol if u got it too then it won't be fixed but we can see tomorrow
We'll see tomorrow. I hope that Angie will switch me back to 100Mbps....

turbanator
20-08-2010, 18:04
lol if u got it too then it won't be fixed but we can see tomorrow

dzimi83
20-08-2010, 16:20
Hi,

we have find out something what can be the reason for the
count of your traffic.
We have inverted the rules now.

Can you please confirm me tomorrow if your problem still
the same or not?
We count the traffic from 0 h 00 to 0 h 00 each day.

Best regards,
Angie

I have got this. So i have to wait till tomorrow to see if it is fixed.
I have got this too but in my issue my server is overquoted.

turbanator
20-08-2010, 15:52
Hi,

we have find out something what can be the reason for the
count of your traffic.
We have inverted the rules now.

Can you please confirm me tomorrow if your problem still
the same or not?
We count the traffic from 0 h 00 to 0 h 00 each day.

Best regards,
Angie

I have got this. So i have to wait till tomorrow to see if it is fixed.

dzimi83
20-08-2010, 12:08
Quote Originally Posted by Angie
Hi,
4 ) if you have one of the servers who HAVE the bug AND if you have paid new traffic because we have counted internal traffic : contact us with an order but to not pay it.

Example:
if you have been overquota ( in error because we have counted wrong ) and you have buy and paid 5 TiB, please do an order for 3 TiB , do not pay, provide us the order I will add it on the server.
Hi Angie,
can you switch me back to the 100Mbps ? Bandwidth order No 8138769.
Ticket No 519357.

olliegooch
20-08-2010, 11:22
Quote Originally Posted by fozl
turbanator, please check the ticket #513213.
Any news on my ticket?

fozl
20-08-2010, 09:59
Neil fozle u guys just dissapeared on us?
turbanator, please check the ticket #513213.

Thelen
20-08-2010, 02:40
Winit just loves to troll, ignore him. He loves to see other people have problems then give useless suggestions or pathetic suggestions.

turbanator
19-08-2010, 23:46
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
They're powerless. The guys in France are in control. Move along.
cant move along m8 when they are counting internal bw

Winit
19-08-2010, 21:16
They're powerless. The guys in France are in control. Move along.

turbanator
19-08-2010, 20:15
Neil fozle u guys just dissapeared on us?

turbanator
19-08-2010, 15:53
are there any updates? is staff ignoring us. my bw is still being counted all of it.

curiosity
18-08-2010, 22:06
BW counter in manager has updated , and the problem is still there
used almost 5TB traffic in 10 days . normal is 5 - 6 TB in 1 month, so internal is still being counted towards total

turbanator
18-08-2010, 18:38
too late now ollie they are wasting time its 6 30pm uk time they are closed now another day wasted.

my BW also got reset today. Another month of internal bw gonna be counted..they are just not doing anything..they refuse to accept our claims.

olliegooch
18-08-2010, 14:33
Angie ive created a ticket for you as requested please can you take a look ASAP.

turbanator
18-08-2010, 13:23
i doubt this issue will be solved anytime soon i found a friend and will be moving over to the french subsidiary in september. So i wouldnt have to worry about the bandwidth issues at least.

but for now angie fozle? we all still have the problems.

turbanator
18-08-2010, 13:10
mine is still doing it too

Angie i told yesterday i had 6.85 TiB remaining yesterday i used

08/17/10 185.14 GiB | 89.15 GiB | 274.29 GiB | 26.63 Mbit/s

and now today it says 6.76 TiB left!! it counted 90GB all of it again!

olliegooch
18-08-2010, 11:03
Feck, Mines still doing it 200gb left :/

Thelen
18-08-2010, 03:47
Heh, if they wanted to check out your server, they could just put it into rescue mode feigning a problem and you'd never be the wiser.

But, onto BW counting, I'm not sure if it is still happening or not, it is difficult to tell for me because I am not using vnstat etc. But rest assured, some servers were shaped almost 2 weeks ago so by now it is kindof pointless...

turbanator
17-08-2010, 23:46
as you want. Is not an problem for me.
Just think about it:

In case like this I go to your server: run netcat to my server dan can see in live direct was change in databases or see what is counted on the switch.
We can do a lot of ways : somes are quick, others are more long.

But I can ensure you that in cases where I take root access trought the support key of an dedicated server: the server is in good hands and you can trust in this hands.
Looking your datas is without interessting for me .

So we will talk together tomorrow in the ticket and see all this and than solve this problem.

Cheers and nice evening,
Angie
angie its very hard to talk in the ticket ..i dont know ur times and plus i have work.

curiosity
17-08-2010, 22:57
6) curiosity: if you have paid traffic last month that you not have used:
provide me the informations trought fozl .
All what I need is to know if you have paid for internal traffic caused by the bug.
If yes: we will do commercial gesture
if not: I have nothing to do in this case other as tell you that we are working on this bug and checking the informations that we have.

Cheers,
Angie
Angie
Thank you for intervention
I have not bought any extra traffic . I stopped using the server for 5 days last month . i was on 10TB with 1 week till renewal.
This month i show 4TB after 10 days ! . i usually only use 6TB in a month!
This month i will go over , even if counter is fixed.
I have lost about 6TB of traffic between last month and this month .

If bug is sorted on my server , i have still lost 2TB of traffic this month already as well as 4 TB ( est) from last month
regards
curiosity

Angie
17-08-2010, 22:19
well can i send data to my other kimsufi unmetered server? i provided the ip in the ticket..and i can tell u how much data i sent today? and u can check tomorrow to that ip?
as you want. Is not an problem for me.
Just think about it:

In case like this I go to your server: run netcat to my server dan can see in live direct was change in databases or see what is counted on the switch.
We can do a lot of ways : somes are quick, others are more long.

But I can ensure you that in cases where I take root access trought the support key of an dedicated server: the server is in good hands and you can trust in this hands.
Looking your datas is without interessting for me .

So we will talk together tomorrow in the ticket and see all this and than solve this problem.

Cheers and nice evening,
Angie

Winit
17-08-2010, 20:50
@turbanator - way to hide the warez pal.

turbanator
17-08-2010, 20:25
well can i send data to my other kimsufi unmetered server? i provided the ip in the ticket..and i can tell u how much data i sent today? and u can check tomorrow to that ip?

Angie
17-08-2010, 20:20
Hi,

if you reading the details of your contract: I no rights for snoop.
And what you mean: that I have nothing other todo as snoop.

If I ask access on ssh is for run netcat between your server and my server.
All my command lines are registered: your datas are not important for me.
Bug and problems are important for me.

So provide in the ticket the informations about your internal servers.
Between which and which server the traffic are counted.
Let me the ssh key: if you need we can run it together in an shell: so you can see what I do : nothing other as netcat .
So I can see if the traffic between your server and my server is counted.
Simple and easy way to find where is the problem.

I have no time for snoop arround the content of your server

Cheers,
Angie

turbanator
17-08-2010, 19:59
Hi,

stop please =) seems here is an missunderstanding.
( sorry for the bad english , I try to communicate ... )

1) OK : we have seen here is an bug on SOME servers.
The bug is NOT on all servers.

2) We have do some fixes. So in the normal way since 2 day's the system must work correctly

3) if the bug still the same for you:
- install ovh support key
- provide me informations trought ticket from which ovh server to which ovh server the traffic is counted

4 ) if you have one of the servers who HAVE the bug AND if you have paid new traffic because we have counted internal traffic : contact us with an order but to not pay it.

Example:
if you have been overquota ( in error because we have counted wrong ) and you have buy and paid 5 TiB, please do an order for 3 TiB , do not pay, provide us the order I will add it on the server.

5) turbanator : I have send you an ticket.
Ok is possible there is an problem on your traffic count but I do not understand what's happen here because as I can see we have nevers limited your server and you have never buy additional traffic.
So please let us make clear the problem trought the ticket.

All what I need is to know if you have paid for internal traffic caused by the bug.
if not: I have nothing to do in this case other as tell you that we are working on this bug and checking the informations that we have.

Cheers,
Angie
Angie sorry i am not going to provide ssh details so you can snoop around the server i have private contents, projects, pictures and i am not going to let ovh staff snoop around my servers, You accepted the fact that there is a problem with some servers. I have a problem with my bw being counted, i cannot provide 100 ovh server ips its impossible.

Yeah i have never gone over quota because i have stopped a lot of my ovh clients, friends to download from me as it gets counted.

If you cannot fix the bug without SSH i might as well not renew anymore starting next month.

Angie
17-08-2010, 19:54
Hi,

stop please =) seems here is an missunderstanding.
( sorry for the bad english , I try to communicate ... )

1) OK : we have seen here is an bug on SOME servers.
The bug is NOT on all servers.

2) We have do some fixes. So in the normal way since 2 day's the system must work correctly

3) if the bug still the same for you:
- install ovh support key
- provide me informations trought ticket from which ovh server to which ovh server the traffic is counted

Example:

5) turbanator : I have send you an ticket.
Ok is possible there is an problem on your traffic count but I do not understand what's happen here because as I can see we have nevers limited your server and you have never buy additional traffic.
So please let us make clear the problem trought the ticket.

Cheers,
Angie

turbanator
17-08-2010, 19:06
exactly as curiosity said. Its clearly an OVH bug you should fix it and there is no payment involved at all for an issue that has originated from your side. OVH has clready said internal outgoing does not count towards your quota and it should not. There is no more discussion regarding that. We don't need to pay and we won't pay. You have to fix it. How many customers are u going to keep telling to calm down. You provide support after 2 weeks and expect us to calm down. You are indulged in fraudulent services otherwise.

curiosity
17-08-2010, 19:01
I have received further communication from the Other Side

of the channel

If you are still affected by the bug then you can place an order for more bandwidth, and we'll give you half of the amount for free. So if you order 4TB, we will give you 2TB for free.

turbanator, *edited, nevermind, found it.
I cant check until manager gets updated ( which no one seems to know when that happens)
However,
Let me get this right then.im owed something like 6TB for last month and this month so far . Your saying that if i buy 12 TB from you , i will only pay for 6TB ?

so im buying 6TB i don't need , to get 6TB for free ( total of 12 TB), that in effect you owe me due to an OVH problem ?
i have to spend 14.90 x 12 = 178.80 , then i presume you will give me 89.40 back ? so I will still be 89.40 out of pocket for an error that you have ! AND spend 89.40 that i don't have to spend ?, get real .

Nice one OVH , have you considered going into selling time share as well !!!
don't treat me like an ***** and i wont do the same to you !!

Get it sorted , its an OVH error ( for whatever reason) and I don't see why i should have to pay for it to make things right !!

Why not do what you did last time and take the limits of those affected for the month and keep it simple for everyone ?

turbanator
17-08-2010, 18:22

of the channel

If you are still affected by the bug then you can place an order for more bandwidth, and we'll give you half of the amount for free. So if you order 4TB, we will give you 2TB for free.

why should i be placing an order fozle? internal bw is supposed to be free..i do almost 95% of my outgoing to internal..are you saying my side will never be fixed and i have to order more bandwidth even when i am only doing it internal? u know it says remaining 6.85 TiB that shud say remaining 9 TiB i have not even done 1 TB outside of non -ovh

is this the only solution i pay more for bw that i should never pay for?

i am also confused about the last line in your post i dont know what you found. please elaborate.

fozl
17-08-2010, 18:14
fozle it hasnt been fixed for me at all for the past 2 days my 100% outgoing bw has still been counted. what do you want me to do?

how many tickets do you want me to open. the first ticket is still just beating around the bush. My side hasn't been fixed at all. It counted yesterdays outoing BW of 100GB completely all of it.

Bandwidth / Traffic
Network Connection : 1Gbps
Monthly traffic : 10.00 TiB per month
Reinitialisation : 2010-08-18
Consumed this month : 3.15 TiB
Remaining this month : 6.85 TiB
Additional traffic : 0 TB

this is what it says for me but tomorrow is my reinitialization date. i have done so far 60GB internal today. i will paste u vnstat results tomorrow and show you it will count 100% of my BW on the manager. I have opened a ticket too and said that but nothing has been done. If the bug was fixed 2 days ago should not have counted all of my outgoing for yesterday in todays update.

of the channel

turbanator
17-08-2010, 17:50
fozle it hasnt been fixed for me at all for the past 2 days my 100% outgoing bw has still been counted. what do you want me to do?

how many tickets do you want me to open. the first ticket is still just beating around the bush. My side hasn't been fixed at all. It counted yesterdays outoing BW of 100GB completely all of it.

Bandwidth / Traffic
Consumed this month : 3.15 TiB
Remaining this month : 6.85 TiB

this is what it says for me but tomorrow is my reinitialization date. i have done so far 60GB internal today. i will paste u vnstat results tomorrow and show you it will count 100% of my BW on the manager. I have opened a ticket too and said that but nothing has been done. If the bug was fixed 2 days ago should not have counted all of my outgoing for yesterday in todays update.

fozl
17-08-2010, 17:48
Hello everybody, here's an update....

Yes it was a bug, and it was fixed two days ago.

If problem persists, we advise that you contact us.

We are looking at what we do with traffic that we have counted and the traffic that we should not have counted, (maybe we can reset the bandwidth)

turbanator
17-08-2010, 17:22
bandwidth needs to be fixed first

mks
17-08-2010, 16:39
Is it exactly 2010-08-20 12:00:00AM?

And this date is according to OVH time or it is listed according to my country?

Since I am in different country than UK.

turbanator
17-08-2010, 16:06
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
We should create a thread/mailing list somewhere for people interested in legal action. We only need 100x$10 to mount a decent case, I'm sure we can find that many people willing to pay if it isn't resolved by the end of next week (which will have been far past 2 weeks of problems).
i am up for it thelen hell i will put down 50 as long as it gets taken seriously.

Thelen
17-08-2010, 16:01
We should create a thread/mailing list somewhere for people interested in legal action. We only need 100x$10 to mount a decent case, I'm sure we can find that many people willing to pay if it isn't resolved by the end of next week (which will have been far past 2 weeks of problems).

turbanator
17-08-2010, 15:48
are there uneducated techs?

Dear customer,

I will give you the settings to log to our
server kilerz.ovh.net
with rescue mode and make the bandwidth tests.

private info taken out

Please send us tests results.

Kind regards,
Meryam J

i dont need bandwidth tests!!! i need to get my internal bw to stop being counted!

turbanator
17-08-2010, 15:45
any updates?

my internal bw is still being counted

Thelen
17-08-2010, 03:40
I think they just must be busy. What with all those servers hacked (apparently) on the 11th, and the network problems, they must just be overloaded with work.

There is no other explanation for such epic fail recently, lack of man hours sounds reasonable.

turbanator
16-08-2010, 23:32
curiosity thats all i got too..she basically escalated it again for no reason its really getting annoying

curiosity
16-08-2010, 21:48
fozl

i received an update to my ticket today ( original ticket that i added to on sunday)

Dear customer,

I have launched the issue to one of our admin.

I will keep you informed once i receive an answer.

Kind regards,
Celine S

turbanator
16-08-2010, 18:21
so whats the update? 2 days 3 days more with this counting u guys are completely closed by friday evening. we dont want to lose one more week with this. We are hoping OVH does something either fixes the problem or disables the counters til this issue is resolved. ASAP cud mean today cud mean even 6 days.

turbanator
16-08-2010, 15:54
fozle ticket number is 513213 and nic handle is -> ns202249.ovh.net

that ticket is useless as the tech doesn't know what he/she is talking about. just a waste of 5 days.

Disable the counters and get the issue fixed.

Thelen
16-08-2010, 15:38
From talking to people on a couple of sites, plus another reseller.

60 is low range as well, they are just the people that have been bothered to post/complain...

stoner
16-08-2010, 14:56
How do you know about an issue on 60 servers please?
Easy to ask the question of this, why aint it easy to answer my question though

olliegooch
16-08-2010, 14:51
Just spoke to the usual guy I speak to at UK support (Im sure he's sick to death of speaking to me, but hey ho )

Looks like their taking this seriously now, he categorically said "Yes, there is a problem with the bandwidth calculation" and that there will be an entry in the issue tracker soon.

I think we're getting somewhere

fozl
16-08-2010, 14:31
There is at least 60 servers affected that I know of.

I'm guessing they won't tell anyone, they'll just 'forget' about it.
How do you know about an issue on 60 servers please?

Thelen
16-08-2010, 14:08
There is at least 60 servers affected that I know of.

I'm guessing they won't tell anyone, they'll just 'forget' about it.

stugster
16-08-2010, 12:54
I'm a bit worried now. How many of OVH's clients are actually affected by this? How are you going to inform them?

stoner
16-08-2010, 12:49
Still having this investigated, will get back to you asap.
If this is the case Fozl after all this time still, then really you should be stopping the counters on those affected servers or at least making it so if they do surpass there limits that the 10mbps limit is not imposed.

Another thing, how many servers is this affecting, as I stated b4 in this thread I have not checked my servers but some of them dont look right at first glance. Is this likely to be whole datacenters that are affected or just certain switches ????????

fozl
16-08-2010, 12:48
Hi, if you beleive you are affected by a bandwidth counting issue and haven't got a ticket open already, could you open one and send the number to us at Customer Support or post the ticket number here.

curiosity, thelen, olliegooch, I have your ticket numbers and servername already.

turbanator
16-08-2010, 11:58
Dear customer,

I have just escalated the problem to one of our
administrators.

I will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Meryam J.

5 days later its the same msg!

fozl
16-08-2010, 10:22
Still having this investigated, will get back to you asap.

stoner
16-08-2010, 09:55
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
Yeah i can understand your frustration ill be honest iv been lucky with ovh.

Ill keeo my replies outta less serious threads

One thing though, vnstat on your server, is it the deamon or as a cron job?
Its just iv read that using the cronjob on gigabit nics can sometimes lead to inaccuracies.

Just food for thought?
I run my vnstat with deamon on some servers and cron on others since this last problem to test and I see no differences really. Please bear in mind though that these are OVH gbit servers.
Meaning its very unlikely to hit more than 50 -70MB upload and when it does that is only to another OVH server.. your lucky to hit much more than 150 - 200mbps upload outside of there network so the argument of running it via cron would cause inaccuracies is totally flawed in my opinion

Thelen
16-08-2010, 07:51
He's being sarcastic yup :P

Though, the more OVH screws things up, the more people will want to move away from them, which means the more people that sign up to his LW plans (and soon servers surely).

turbanator
16-08-2010, 04:09
fozle all of my outgoing BW is being added byte by byte still its been 1 week+ now. My bw is being eaten up very fast with just internal spreads. Please fix this issue.

turbanator
15-08-2010, 19:12
Quote Originally Posted by _Lemon_
OVH: please don't disable the counters.

I value your network uptime and resilience, not to mention speeds to non-OVH peers.
u do understand that internal bw is being counted for a lot of people now? unless it was meant as sarcasm. disabling the counters will enable them to fix the issue..which is clearly happening to more and more users.

stugster
15-08-2010, 15:51
fozle why is the tech lady asking me to
Tenner says it's Celine.

_Lemon_
15-08-2010, 14:14
OVH: please don't disable the counters.

I value your network uptime and resilience, not to mention speeds to non-OVH peers.

turbanator
15-08-2010, 14:03
yeah all my outgoing BW is still being added. i am doing like 90GB a day internal and getting deducted every single day. its pretty bad. OVH disable the counters.

Thelen
15-08-2010, 09:02
Yea I have at least 15 other people from various places that all have the same problem they just haven't posted here.

I don't think it is a threat, we just want what we paid for. I bet if I started creditcard chargebacks on my servers they'd fix the problem pretty lickety-split....

Also yet to receive a reply to my server that was taken offline for 48+ hours for no fault of my own but yet another OVH stuffup... I think OVH must be going for worlds most epic phail of the week..

turbanator
15-08-2010, 00:35
Quote Originally Posted by curiosity
This happened back in Feb/March of this year .

I don't mind if its a similar problem that's caused it, and i don't mind if there's an outage while it gets fixed.
What i would like is an update from OVH or forum staff to say there is a problem of some sort and it IS being looked into.( regardless of what the problem is or turns out to be).

Last time this happened, OVH made up for it after it was fixed, so i dont have an issue there either.

ATM , all i know is a Celine S has been looking into my ticket for over a week now ( according to her reply to my ticket on 3 Aug) and then on the 6 Aug marks says the scripts been fixed for everyone, yet clearly it hasn't.

Should we assume there is a problem with a script at OVH end ? ,if so, it still isn't working correctly im afraid
mine says go put ut in resuce mode and a do a network test lol that tech doesnt know what she is talking abt i kept telling her issue is not speeds but internal bw being counted like curioisty said we want ovh to accept the fact that it shappening..there are more and more users complaining..i know last time it affected everyone this time it is affection certain range of users..as long as they accept that and work on a solution that is fine. but they dont even reply back and say yeah something is wrong..they continue saying our vnstat is messed up or we have to prove showing more ips connections..refusal to accept multiple users claims is dissapointing. And because of this refusal many are getting charged for extra bw that they shud not be in the first place

curiosity
14-08-2010, 23:01
This happened back in Feb/March of this year .

I don't mind if its a similar problem that's caused it, and i don't mind if there's an outage while it gets fixed.
What i would like is an update from OVH or forum staff to say there is a problem of some sort and it IS being looked into.( regardless of what the problem is or turns out to be).

Last time this happened, OVH made up for it after it was fixed, so i dont have an issue there either.

ATM , all i know is a Celine S has been looking into my ticket for over a week now ( according to her reply to my ticket on 3 Aug) and then on the 6 Aug marks says the scripts been fixed for everyone, yet clearly it hasn't.

Should we assume there is a problem with a script at OVH end ? ,if so, it still isn't working correctly im afraid

Iray
14-08-2010, 22:43
there are no inaccuracies whtsoever vnstat reflects 100% of it is being deducted. and again as i said all of my bw is internal all of it. i know it bcz i send them to other ovh servers. its ovh fault. there are other users having the same problem. they either get this fixed by monday or get ready for some action
I don't think threats will help these situations. I'd be as frustrated as you are if the problem was with my server.

But OVH don't respond to threats over the forums. I do remember however when OVH ****ed up with its terms of service and forum members collectively dissected it to find OVH at fault. Maybe we need another one of those?

jonlewi5
14-08-2010, 22:37
there are no inaccuracies whtsoever vnstat reflects 100% of it is being deducted. and again as i said all of my bw is internal all of it. i know it bcz i send them to other ovh servers. its ovh fault. there are other users having the same problem. they either get this fixed by monday or get ready for some action
fair play cant argue with that

turbanator
14-08-2010, 21:29

jonlewi5
14-08-2010, 18:47
jon he is frustrated and so are many others some of them are not forum members but have already sent emails threatening to sue ovh..bcz oles is basically taking his clients for granted and the support has been downright non existent. they are telling us our vnstat apps dont work right when its one of the most famous bw monitor apps used on unix distors..(and how can every single customer who has been complaining have their vnstat not working properly..again fraudulent business principles) they are asking us to provide connections results..its impossible bcz we dont know how much each ip is getting..and we dont want to reveal other server ips without their permission.

neil claimed some servers were being affected marks said a script had been installed but clearly it was a lie. last time it took 2 weeks of frustration from 100s of customers to finally get ovh to acknowledge the problems and now it seems like its going to happen agian but this time consequences can be serious.
Yeah i can understand your frustration ill be honest iv been lucky with ovh.

Ill keeo my replies outta less serious threads

One thing though, vnstat on your server, is it the deamon or as a cron job?
Its just iv read that using the cronjob on gigabit nics can sometimes lead to inaccuracies.

Just food for thought?

turbanator
14-08-2010, 17:43
as of now curiosity, myself (turbanator), thelen, layman, olliegooch, stoner are affected atleast from this topic..there are many others who are not forum members and i dont even know if other subsidiary forums have had members post the same issue. OVH needs to disable the counters..whenever they have upgraded routers or anything they have screwed bw counters horribly. I don't mind if they go down fixing stuff always but when they are going to take weeks just to acknowledge the problem and start billing others for extra bw that the should never have been charged with in the first place "services fraud" is occuring.

turbanator
14-08-2010, 17:36
jon he is frustrated and so are many others some of them are not forum members but have already sent emails threatening to sue ovh..bcz oles is basically taking his clients for granted and the support has been downright non existent. they are telling us our vnstat apps dont work right when its one of the most famous bw monitor apps used on unix distors..(and how can every single customer who has been complaining have their vnstat not working properly..again fraudulent business principles) they are asking us to provide connections results..its impossible bcz we dont know how much each ip is getting..and we dont want to reveal other server ips without their permission.

neil claimed some servers were being affected marks said a script had been installed but clearly it was a lie. last time it took 2 weeks of frustration from 100s of customers to finally get ovh to acknowledge the problems and now it seems like its going to happen agian but this time consequences can be serious.

curiosity
14-08-2010, 17:11
It was a lighthearted response clearly taken the wrong way
Also, PROtip, notice the little smiley face.....
If thats the best you can contribute to a thread thats been running for over a week now, and STILL hasnt been resolved ,.............. I'd keep quiet .

you obviously jumped on the thread yourself , as you admit not seeing that the guy had already contacted support , and like the rest of us in here ,hasn't had a sensible reply from ovh support or forum support so far .

We have all contacted support in one way or another, and got no where !!

jonlewi5
14-08-2010, 16:42
Quote Originally Posted by olliegooch
a) I have a ticket that has been open 3 days without responce, I have phoned OVH Uk support 3 times since the ticket has been opened

b)"Jump on the bandwagon" - How? Im in exactly the same if not worse situation than the other people who have posted here, because alot of them are on 10TB a month limit and im on 3TB. If this isnt resolved in the next few days im going to have to pay 30 for additional bandwidth that ive already paid for!
It was a lighthearted response clearly taken the wrong way

I didnt see that you had already spoke with support, all i saw was you jumping into the thread with a couple of responces, then that.

Also, PROtip, notice the little smiley face.....

olliegooch
14-08-2010, 16:37
woooow chill man,

Speak with support before doing anything man.

You cant just jump on the bandwagon, each case is likely to be different.
a) I have a ticket that has been open 3 days without responce, I have phoned OVH Uk support 3 times since the ticket has been opened

b)"Jump on the bandwagon" - How? Im in exactly the same if not worse situation than the other people who have posted here, because alot of them are on 10TB a month limit and im on 3TB. If this isnt resolved in the next few days im going to have to pay 30 for additional bandwidth that ive already paid for!

jonlewi5
14-08-2010, 16:32
Just received this beauty

and has made me f'ing rage

I have NEVER in almost two years or being an OVH customer received this email.

turbanator please can you PM me your email address, I would be intrested in sharing legal costs.

woooow chill man,

Speak with support before doing anything man.

You cant just jump on the bandwagon, each case is likely to be different. Then if your still unhappy, jump on the bandwagon

olliegooch
14-08-2010, 16:28
Just received this beauty

Hello,

Your dedicated server ksxxxxx.kimsufi.com is about to pass 80 % of outbound traffic allowed in the month :

- Monthly Quota : 3.00 TiB
- Trafic Used : 2.40 TiB
(internal traffic is not counted)

Please note that once the monthly quota is reached, the bandwidth of your dedicated server will be limited to 10 Mbps until the end of this month (2010-08-20).
To avoid this limitation, we recommend ordering Additional traffic. Connect to your https://www.ovh.co.uk/managerv3 select the relevant service, "Services" menu then "Manage your bandwidth".

All the best,

Yours faithfully,

OVH LTD
100 Clements road
Unit K403
London
SE16 4DG
Registered company 5519821
Tel: 020 7252 2310
Fax: 020 7252 3332
E-mail: customersupport@ovh.co.uk

OVH - Customer support
Mon-Fri from 9am to 6pm

Join the ovh.community at http://forum.ovh.co.uk
and has made me f'ing rage

I have NEVER in almost two years or being an OVH customer received this email.

turbanator please can you PM me your email address, I would be intrested in sharing legal costs.

turbanator
14-08-2010, 14:07
stoner i havent yet but if u got that i will probably get it too..fozle the great wants me to provide more proof abt connections to other ovh servers..i am arleady talking it out with other customers..if ovh doesnt disable the counter or gets it fixed soon..i have afew people in the UK who are willing to hire a lawyer share the costs and sue them..last time it took them 2-3 weeks to accept it this time they are blaming us again..clear fraud.

i have enuff bw stoner on mine too..but my purpose of the server was to create an internal sharing network for projects and personal media collection with other ovh friends of mine which i am not able to do right now..as if i do the bw will just get eaten out.

Oles, fozle and Neil even marks have all lied so far and are responsible for it. They clearly dont see that our vnstat apps dont lie as these were the same stats that were used to prove them wrong last time. Either way ovh is riding their luck too far. either disable or get ready to be sued.

Thelen
14-08-2010, 12:29
Yea I don't mind when there is problems, but I'd much prefer a complete 30 minute network outage than this shaping which effectively amounts to the same thing anyway (trying to put 500Mbit traffic through 10Mbit = bad). Especially not when they first ignore, then deny, then make up stories about it being fixed/worked on.

I really don't understand why it would all of a sudden break, and/or why they don't just downgrade whatever upgrade they've done until they can sort it out.

It truly isn't that hard to run a good network, you just have to not be cheap and stupid about it (like FDC has these similar problems, but every week not just a few times a year).

stoner
14-08-2010, 12:07
turbanator did u not get a response from OVH saying its your vnstat app not counting properly, as that's what I got when I was showing them differences between my server readings and there stats readings..

I agree the bandwidth counter needs to be stopped so people dont have limits put on there servers.. I aint raised any tickets on this issue as of yet as my servers are still within decent limits but I do monitor them and will raise a ticket if they are getting close.

layman
14-08-2010, 10:05
I agree, this was supposed to be fixed a week ago, someone from staff on this forum said that the updated script has rolled out and it was fixed, yet now we see that that was BULL****, and meanwhile we are being charged for bandwidth we are not supposed to be charged for!

Either disable BW logging altogether, or fix it yesterday! In the business world, when the business tries to provide less than what it promised its called fraud, when a business has a problem like this, the business has to take the hit because they cannot shortchange or fraud the consumer and in this situation they are clearly taking away from the consumer without compensating for the lack of contract fulfillment!

No Oles, you cannot deal with the effects of this problem in 3 weeks, and give out some sort of compensation, you must deal with it now, either don't count traffic, fix it ASAP, or figure out another way to fulfill the contract to the fullest without negative service feedback for the lack of expediency and loss of revenue!

turbanator
14-08-2010, 00:20
ovh needs to disable counter immediately to avoid legal problems.

I am mailing ovh regarding this now. Clearly its fraudulent billing.

turbanator
13-08-2010, 22:41
fozle why is the tech lady asking me to do a bw test telling me to check if there is problems from our side? there is no problem with the speed its a problem with the internal bw being counted noone seems to do anything. This is just horrible support after 3 days noone has looked into the problem.

91.121.133.60 --> i sent 6.6G from 91.121.37.30 which is basically sending from my ovh server to my kimsufi server

i sent to another ovh server everyday which is my backup server. i am sending only to ovh fozle and its still adding it. Please help

turbanator
13-08-2010, 22:30
fozle is like asking me to report ips and stuff..u wud think in a datacenter they wud have good monitoring tools this is becoming ridiculous my server expires in 5 days and i dont know what to do.

curiosity
13-08-2010, 22:25

Oles, I know that "kimsufi" are the budget line for ovh, but we deserve answers on this.
well mines an ovh server , and i still dont get any answers

turbanator
13-08-2010, 21:23
olliegooch i sent oles saying the same thing and all he said was we will check it. I think he just ignored me and wrote that

olliegooch
13-08-2010, 20:28
olliegooch what are you trying to say..that problem on travaux has nothing to do with internal bw being counted
I posted that after I just received the email from oles.

However, rereading the travaux listing I started to think that it wasnt related, I emailed oles back asking him to confirm that that was indeed to do with my issue, he said "again:I know this problem."

So im not sure if oles has the right end of the stick there or not, but im continuing logging and updating my ticket, as well as phoning UK support.

Hopefully I get a responce by monday.

turbanator
13-08-2010, 18:53
olliegooch what are you trying to say..that problem on travaux has nothing to do with internal bw being counted

turbanator
13-08-2010, 18:18
Can you show where the connections are going as well as the amount tx'd? Your vnstat output shows times and how much data, but not where it's going.
I don't have detailed packet tracking software installed however I can tell you with reasonable confidence that the large majority of outgoing traffic is dispatched to internal OVH servers rather than servers on other networks.

fozl
13-08-2010, 18:00
Can you show where the connections are going as well as the amount tx'd? Your vnstat output shows times and how much data, but not where it's going.

turbanator
13-08-2010, 17:17
Ticket number 513213.

The tech is lost and is asking me to provide a network test as i said my internal BW is being counted.

I went ahead anyways and did a network test here is the result

This is from my previous post proving that all my internal BW is being counted or my daily outgoing bw is being counted 100%.

Server handle: ns202249.ovh.net (the following message below was posted yesterday 3 30 am GMT)

As of this instant my ovh stats on the manager reads

Consumed this month : 2.78 TiB
Remaining this month : 7.22 TiB (the previous days stats are updated the next day i am not exactly sure what time but for example if you used 50GB on 11th it will be added and updated on ovh manager on 12th i think 3 PM UK time around that)

My vnstat which was used in the previous topic few months ago to show stats shows this

08/10/10 128.33 GiB | 67.86 GiB | 196.19 GiB | 19.05 Mbit/s
08/11/10 145.15 GiB | 71.50 GiB | 216.65 GiB | 21.03 Mbit/s
08/12/10 167.95 GiB | 75.03 GiB | 242.98 GiB | 23.59 Mbit/s
08/13/10 18.20 GiB | 9.70 GiB | 27.90 GiB | 20.00 Mbit/s

i have only shown the last 3 days since i dont want to paste from the 18th the server renewal date. its not needed. As you can see the 13th (Friday) just started and hence 13th stats will be updated on a Saturday aka tomorrow.

As of now the Thursday the 12th stats read 75 GB. The OVH manager as of right now has not added that and will add this in 12 hours or so UK time.

I will guarantee you the ovh manager is gonna say this as of tomorrow:

Consumed this month : 2.85 TiB (+75GiB added)
Remaining this month : 7.15 or 7.14 TiB (however the rounding works -> indicating a 100% outgoing being deducted. The thing is all that 75GiB went to ovh servers.)

To further prove my vnstat stats are not made up here is the screenshot:

This message was pasted as of today just an hour ago.

Consumed this month : 2.86 TiB
Remaining this month : 7.14 TiB

as you can see from my previous post 100% of my outgoing bw got counted and no reply yet!
Both the posts can be found here -> http://forums.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4396&page=3

Post number 30 and 34 Respectively.

Neil or fozle i would really appreciate if you would respond to this

turbanator
13-08-2010, 16:18
Consumed this month : 2.86 TiB
Remaining this month : 7.14 TiB

as you can see from my previous post 100% of my outgoing bw got counted and no reply yet!

olliegooch
13-08-2010, 14:48
Good new everyone!

I sent an email to the ever awesome octave, with a responce of:

Hi,
I know it:
http://travaux.ovh.com/?do=details&id=4384

No date at the moment.

Octave

So, I think this is in hand

olliegooch
13-08-2010, 13:44
Firstly, I just wanna say that in my opinion the OVH Uk team are doing all they can - that the reason for the hold up is a OVH France issue.

I have just phoned the UK support team to be told that while their (their being the french connection, as aposed to the UK team doing the diag) looking into the issue, so far they are finding no problems?

Oles, I know that "kimsufi" are the budget line for ovh, but we deserve answers on this. The product that I purchased is not the product that is being delivered to me, which is wrong on both a moral and legal level(s).

Thelen
13-08-2010, 05:37
Yep indeed, and now I am also stuck with a server in rescue mode cos they think it was hacked via phpMyadmin, yet it isn't even installed nor a database, nor even is there a www facing the public (all is behind htaccess)!

Such epic fail.

turbanator
13-08-2010, 02:23
Neil you call that support you ask us to not post in forums, and the member got his last reply 8 days ago! ridiculous..i am already starting my 3rd day and there is just an escalation that is it. clearly 100% of my outgoing bw is being added it is just simple 1+1 = 2 math and that needs the brains of an administrator to figure it out ? seems like we are stupid

if u want to still check

go ahead ns202249.ovh.net

it is very frustrating nothing will be done and the weekend is coming in..you guys are just ignoring clients.

TO prove all ovh staff wrong this message is being written at 9:30 PM EST (eastern standard time) which means in OVH server time it is 3:30 AM which means UK time it is 2 30 AM.

As of this instant my ovh stats on the manager reads

Consumed this month : 2.78 TiB
Remaining this month : 7.22 TiB (the previous days stats are updated the next day i am not exactly sure what time but for example if you used 50GB on 11th it will be added and updated on ovh manager on 12th i think 3 PM UK time around that)

My vnstat which was used in the previous topic few months ago to show stats shows this

08/10/10 128.33 GiB | 67.86 GiB | 196.19 GiB | 19.05 Mbit/s
08/11/10 145.15 GiB | 71.50 GiB | 216.65 GiB | 21.03 Mbit/s
08/12/10 167.95 GiB | 75.03 GiB | 242.98 GiB | 23.59 Mbit/s
08/13/10 18.20 GiB | 9.70 GiB | 27.90 GiB | 20.00 Mbit/s

i have only shown the last 3 days since i dont want to paste from the 18th the server renewal date. its not needed. As you can see the 13th (Friday) just started and hence 13th stats will be updated on a Saturday aka tomorrow.

As of now the Thursday the 12th stats read 75 GB. The OVH manager as of right now has not added that and will add this in 12 hours or so UK time.

I will guarantee you the ovh manager is gonna say this as of tomorrow:

Consumed this month : 2.85 TiB (+75GiB added)
Remaining this month : 7.15 or 7.14 TiB (however the rounding works -> indicating a 100% outgoing being deducted. The thing is all that 75GiB went to ovh servers.)

To further prove my vnstat stats are not made up here is the screenshot:

curiosity
12-08-2010, 21:22
after 2 days i get the reply that its been escalated lol.
which is slightly better than getting nothing at all after 8 days !

For:
Date: 2010-08-04 15:41:08

Dear Customer,

We have supported your request and we are currently cheking
the problem. You will have an answer as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Celine S

For: OVH Help desk
Date: 2010-08-04 12:47:25

internal traffic is being counted as bandwidth again.

all my internal traffic is being counted towards my monthly
10 TB limit
My normal useage is around 5TB , but this month Ive used
9.18Tb within 3 weeks .

turbanator
12-08-2010, 20:06
after 2 days i get the reply that its been escalated lol.

turbanator
12-08-2010, 16:06
Dear customer,

We are sorry for the delay.

I have just escalated the problem to one of our
administrators.

I will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Kind regard,
Meryam J

after 2 days i get this? seriously?

olliegooch
12-08-2010, 14:17
OVH traffic (OVH server to OVH Server) is free.

Here's a graphic to show that the outgoing backup on the web server corilates with the incoming on the backup server.

mks
12-08-2010, 13:28
Wait.. OVH has free internal traffic? Is internal meaning traffic going to the server or traffic going between OVH boxes?

How come I asked support and they say both internal and external count towards my bandwidth?

olliegooch
12-08-2010, 13:28
Phoned OVH just now (think I spoke to mark, I always seem to get through to the same guy) and explained that internal (web server to backup box, both with ovh) was being counted as external. This web server normally does 500gb a month or so of normal external traffic, but has just ticked over 2.5tb of transfer this month. Each night 100gb goes between this box angle the backup box, so there is no other explination than its internal.

I also mentioned this thread to him and he seemed surprised that people had gone a week without response to a ticket.

Looks like I'm going to have to stump up 30 quid to tie me over bw wise

Thelen
12-08-2010, 02:13
Yea I've got a server that is shaped where before it never went over, stupid OVH.

turbanator
12-08-2010, 01:06
yeah i havent had any response..either..great support OVH..thanks for counting internal bw again..looks like i have to make a new thread wasting my time for a month again.

curiosity
11-08-2010, 22:46
Ticket raised 7 days ago ( as of time of writing) and still no response !!

glad to see ovh is maintaining standards

layman
11-08-2010, 21:22
still waiting for my internal counting to stop. 100% of my outgoing bw everyday is being counted as external when actually 100% of it is internal. this is becoming a joke.
They are like the politicians, "WE TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!"

turbanator
11-08-2010, 18:46
still waiting for my internal counting to stop. 100% of my outgoing bw everyday is being counted as external when actually 100% of it is internal. this is becoming a joke.

turbanator
10-08-2010, 15:53
seriously not this **** again

i am opening up a ticket and gonna complain here.

ns202249.ovh.net

MY internal BW is being counted too

08/09/10 162.15 GiB | 100.44 GiB | 262.59 GiB | 25.49 Mbit/s

i did 100GB yesterday outgoing all internal. MY ovh BW manager said remaining 7.45 TB as of yesterday. After todays update it has calculated all of 100GB and remaining is 7.35TB this is BS!

Thelen
10-08-2010, 11:57
Quote Originally Posted by _Lemon_
How much information is stored on what's going in/out? How much of this is specific to Thelen's servers?

What methods could you do to "recalculate" bandwidth used if you're not just keeping 4 totals?
Well they cannot possibly keep a log of every packet and be able to retroactively change the counters, but I suspect they have somewhat finer grained subnet based counters. So, what they've done is simply taken CURRENT_TOTAL and subtracted OVH_SUBNET_TOTAL-COUNTED_INTERNAL from it.

curiosity
09-08-2010, 22:45
right. mine has NOT been fixed , as its showing

Bandwidth / Traffic
Reinitialisation : 2010-09-08
Consumed this month : 878 GiB
Remaining this month : 9.14 TiB

all within less than 24 hours !!!!!!

can anyone from ovh sort this for me ?
can Celine S reply/add to the original ticket ? the one she said she was going to look into the problem on

I only use between 5 and 6 Tb of B/W a MONTH normally , so how come its reporting as almost 1TB within 24 hours of renewel ?

thanks

curiosity
09-08-2010, 01:04
so my renewel has been and gone and is now showing 10TB available .
problem is..... i still haven't had an answer back from my ticket, and have lost an amount of bw for last month.

_Lemon_
07-08-2010, 15:24
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Needs to be recalculated, since not all of that would of been internal.
How much information is stored on what's going in/out? How much of this is specific to Thelen's servers?

What methods could you do to "recalculate" bandwidth used if you're not just keeping 4 totals?

curiosity
06-08-2010, 19:32
marks

thanks for the update , but im still showing the same in ovhmanager ! almost at the monthly limit.

so i still dont know how much internal has been counted as external or if it's going to be limited to 10mbps before renewal date.

I opened a ticket , which Celine S replied to, saying she was going to be looking into it/checking the problem, but haven't had a response since . that was 48+ hours ago.

can you advise me on the state of play please ? How am i to know how much bandwidth was taken off me this month ? and will it be added to next months. I have stopped use of the server until it was resolved.
ticket #508967

regards

mumbler
06-08-2010, 13:30
I was wondering similarly....
I'm not sure if internal has been counted for me or not, but would like to have it checked nonetheless if possible.
nic - ls19693-ovh
Thanks in advance.

edit: shouldda refreshed before posting lol ^ thanks marks.

marks
06-08-2010, 10:45
the script's been fixed for everyone now

Rilly
05-08-2010, 23:08
What happens to those that don't notice? is there a way to detect this from OVH side rather than waiting for everyone to notice? Or is the patch to resolve for all servers ?

Tz-OVH
05-08-2010, 20:23
I submitted a ticket, ME11194-OVH, only 1 dedi linked to it.

Neil
05-08-2010, 10:39
So will I get a grand 165MB quota back or... ?
Needs to be recalculated, since not all of that would of been internal.

Thelen
05-08-2010, 00:57
So will I get a grand 165MB quota back or... ?

Neil
04-08-2010, 16:01
I didn't bother making ticket, I have 25 servers....

NIC is : jd6756-ovh though, so just check the ones that are already shaped.

One in particular that is bad: ks361131.kimsufi.com
Thanks, yep there is an issue with that server:

sum(IN): 0 kB
sum(OUT): 165.71 MB
sum(INTERNAL_IN): 683.91 MB
sum(INTERNAL_OUT): 0 kB

Patch will be applied and should be all resolved tomorrow.

Thelen
04-08-2010, 13:28
I didn't bother making ticket, I have 25 servers....

NIC is : jd6756-ovh though, so just check the ones that are already shaped.

One in particular that is bad: ks361131.kimsufi.com

curiosity
04-08-2010, 11:38
Neil

ticket opened. #508967

i was one of those affected last time it happened as well .
thanks

Neil
04-08-2010, 11:34
Server addresses or open tickets, as you are the only two reporting it.

turbanator
04-08-2010, 03:51
yep looks like they are again !

curiosity
03-08-2010, 23:39
I have a feeling internal traffic is being counted as external for the purpose of monthly usage again

is anyone else having the same issue ?