OVH Community, your new community space.

devCloud

zydron
08-08-2010, 22:16
OVH, show your self from your good side, and intergrate "JavaMyAdmin" in managerv5 (managerv5 is created in java)

Myatu
08-08-2010, 17:50
Quote Originally Posted by ExW
question: is there phpmyadmin?
There is not, unfortunately - though it would be nice to have something similar. You only have the ability to create an empty database (schema) and associate one or more users to it for access rights.

ExW
08-08-2010, 05:28
question: is there phpmyadmin?

Myatu
07-08-2010, 00:27
Oh, since I just got done transferring the DB, here's a quick & dirty mini-howto:

• After creating your devCloud MySQL, select it and click "Configure"
  • Click "Users" tab and create a new user (password has to be 12 or less alphanumeric characters)
  • Click "Databases" tab, create a new database, select it and assign the above user to it by clicking the "Manage user privileges" button

Now dump your original database:

Code:
mysqldump -u root -p --lock-all-tables SOME_DATABASE > SOME_DATABASE_dump.sql
And import it into the devCloud MySQL:

Code:
mysql -u USER_ON_DEVCLOUD -p -h 10.xx.xx.xx.xx SOME_DATABASE < SOME_DATABASE_dump.sql
Now change the DB location in whatever application uses it (ie, WordPress), optionally shut down the old MySQL and you're good to go (at least I was! )

Myatu
06-08-2010, 23:31
Not sure if this is the case for everyone, but I've noticed that the devCloud (devCloud MySQL, OpenVPN and Urchin) are now available in the regular (read: non-beta) OVH Manager. I've just setup a devCloud MySQL and it works (the internal IP is only reachable from your own miniCloud server[s]) - just in time for me!