OVH Community, your new community space.

Max servers question

ig0r
11-08-2010, 01:51
Im not a fan of cloud computing (I know and appreciate its benefits though) hence I would prefer to use a dedicated server .

Myatu
10-08-2010, 13:27
Quote Originally Posted by ig0r
Cool - much appreciated guys- the extra server would be for hosting an "offsite" mysql anyway rather than a website. Just didnt want to be forced into paying for a year up front
Did you look into using the Cloud option? (see the kimsufi site). They've just released the devCloud MySQL to public beta; I think it's still free until the end of this week, then £0.01 - 0.08 per hour depending on the size. Now, I do not know if it is actually possible to access this directly from another dedicated server though (perhaps just limited to the cloud system), but you could easily get around that with one additional mC cloud then - still a cheaper option than renting a server, plus unlimited storage space...

Thelen
10-08-2010, 12:58
Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeChap
I'm pretty certain a UK ovh came on here last time someone asked this and said that although that is technically the policy, it is not currently being enforced.
Yup, but then again remember how they suddenly started enforcing their shaping?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they start enforcing it, so that is why I am careful to check every time...

ig0r
10-08-2010, 02:04
Cool - much appreciated guys- the extra server would be for hosting an "offsite" mysql anyway rather than a website. Just didnt want to be forced into paying for a year up front

HandsomeChap
09-08-2010, 21:18
I'm pretty certain a UK ovh came on here last time someone asked this and said that although that is technically the policy, it is not currently being enforced.

Myatu
09-08-2010, 20:59
In "Special conditions for website hosting services on a dedicated server":

3.2 If the Customer wishes to use more than 2 dedicated servers in any month, the Contract shall be for a minimum of 12 months, and Condition 11.2 of the General Conditions shall not apply during such period.

ictdude
09-08-2010, 20:54
Yeah nothing in there - was hoping to jog peoples memorys to see if they remembered it
I remember it was in there Terms and conditions. But could be it have been changed. I know a third server you needed to pay a whole year. But this was before they introduced the setup payments. So if its not there any more,
that term could have been changed.

ig0r
09-08-2010, 20:41
Yeah nothing in there - was hoping to jog peoples memorys to see if they remembered it

ictdude
09-08-2010, 20:28
Quick question - my minds gone blank and search isnt helping :P

Wasnt there some rule about if you ordered more than X (2 i think) servers per account - you had to do something special for the 3rd - like pay for a year upfront or something?

I know there was something - what was it and is it still in effect ?

Thnx guys
Dont know if this is in the new Terms and conditions. Cause now they have
setup payments. It must be here somewhere: http://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/termsofservice/ Check there Terms and conditions

ig0r
09-08-2010, 20:09
Quick question - my minds gone blank and search isnt helping :P

Wasnt there some rule about if you ordered more than X (2 i think) servers per account - you had to do something special for the 3rd - like pay for a year upfront or something?

I know there was something - what was it and is it still in effect ?

Thnx guys