OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH team... my server speed is downgrade to 10mbit

mks
12-08-2010, 13:37
Hello fozl. Support finally got me back to 100mbit speed but it took 18 hours from the time I made payment. I am disappointed it wasn't automatic and that it took so long. Do you still want the nic? I can't seem to PM you and I don't want to post it in public.

I want to ask, why is there a policy prohibiting servers from changing to different type of traffic (metered to unmetered but not the other way around) even on new renewal dates? I understand if people are using the 100mbit speed up to limit and then switching to unmetered, which is unfair to OVH. But if it is switched at the renewal date, then there should be no problem. So why does OVH not allow that?

fozl
11-08-2010, 09:42
mks, if you haven't done so already could you email us or provide your nic?

mks
11-08-2010, 09:35
24/7 support is not 24/7 support if they are NOT available 15 hours a day. 1 day ago it showed 907GB remaining, then the next day I exceeded 30GB! And I can't even pay before I hit the limit, their payment gateway does not work!

I know sales or "support" is in the office now but I am still on 10mbit. Are they waiting until I reach over 2TB exceeded in 10mbit before they will give me the 100mbit...? Which would then put me back on the 10mbit immediately?

When I read about problems with OVH support, I thought it was referring to how they do not support managing your servers and that type of issue. Never thought it was on their support times.

Andy
11-08-2010, 08:28
As above, get used to it. OVH do this all the time because it's not 100% automated. Until 24/7 support comes in (yes, where the hell is it anyway?) you'll keep having these issues.

In future it might be wise to pay before you hit the limit to ensure you don't get limited.

mks
10-08-2010, 21:11
This is just horrible. They finally fixed the payment gateway at the end of their business hours, 6PM. So I paid at around that time. But something is wrong as I have paid but the 2TB bandwidth is NOT added to my account. I am still limited to 10mbit!

I have to wait ANOTHER 15 HOURS for sales? Isn't this a techical issue if the bandwidth isn't automatically allocated?

fozl
10-08-2010, 09:43
Support is open mondays to fridays, 0900 to 1800, intervention is 24/7 and there's also a 24/7 line for reporting issues.

So if you lose connectivity, we can address that at any time and restore connectivity, but for issues to do with payments for instance, yes you may have to wait until office hours. If you haven't sent an email to customer support at ovh.co.uk yet perhaps just call us directly: 0207 252 2310.

gangsta
10-08-2010, 09:03
Quote Originally Posted by mks
Over 12 hours without any answer from support.
Get used to it, it's ovh...
and the best thing is, according to latests news, they want to make us pay for this great 'human' support

this is just another example of the situation which can not be resolved by machines - human contact absolutely needed (but paying extra for this kind of ovhs bugs would be ridiculous).

mks
10-08-2010, 08:42
Over 12 hours without any answer from support.

yonatan
09-08-2010, 22:37
That's one for the tech support, not for the forum .. mail them your nic / server name ..
:-)

mks
09-08-2010, 20:09
Your payment gateway is not working, I cannot pay the 2TB bandwidth increase. When I try pay, it just says refused by bank. But I called my bank and they confirm that this is problem with OVH. My server is so slow now and many users complain.