OVH Community, your new community space.

Strategy for resellers

ictdude
09-12-2010, 22:00
Quote Originally Posted by yonatan
Hello Octave,
I provide VPS servers for several telephony companies here ( and host them on OVH ),
I provide the knowhow and tech administration while they provide the SIP lines and deal with the end clients.

will i be able to provide a SIP line to them via OVH? ( with uk/fr number? )

We got the technology implemented and running already, and many offices relay on the service and have no issues.

the phone line , the actual number .. would be the best thing i can offer them, and i am talking about an " internal reseller pricing / flatrate / time bank ".
So you only need inbound numbers and outbound routes ?
I can provide them if you need this. It works fine on OVH servers.

Because i provide some telephony companies already this service for longer than a year. Running on Asterisk PBX.Let me know what you need.

Razakel
26-10-2010, 12:15
Quote Originally Posted by unclebob
/me takes off tin foil hat
Oh, I'd keep that on if I were you.

They're watching. They're always watching...

unclebob
26-10-2010, 00:50
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
That just means the account's been deleted.
/me takes off tin foil hat

Razakel
25-10-2010, 22:56
That's what I thought at first, but to the left of the post it said:

nickywilliam

That just means the account's been deleted.

unclebob
25-10-2010, 20:10
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
Spammer I bet.
That's what I thought at first, but to the left of the post it said:

nickywilliam

Razakel
25-10-2010, 19:33
Shill poster? If so, this is a new low...

Edit: hahahaha, it's been deleted! The plot thickens...
Spammer I bet.

unclebob
25-10-2010, 15:05
Quote Originally Posted by nickywilliam
Wow! all i can say is that i like the offer about part of your service.I think this will give big impact of having this,i love the strategy of you company so good luck about what you are doing.
Shill poster? If so, this is a new low...

Edit: hahahaha, it's been deleted! The plot thickens...

fozl
21-10-2010, 12:04
Quote Originally Posted by yonatan
Hello Octave,
I provide VPS servers for several telephony companies here ( and host them on OVH ),
I provide the knowhow and tech administration while they provide the SIP lines and deal with the end clients.

We got the technology implemented and running already, and many offices relay on the service and have no issues.

the phone line , the actual number .. would be the best thing i can offer them, and i am talking about an " internal reseller pricing / flatrate / time bank ".
We're currently working on the shape of a beta test for VOIP actually, so we'll certainly be in touch with you about this.

Speedy059
21-10-2010, 08:44
Wow, so you have to buy a minimum of 10 servers with a 3 year commit. Resellers should be careful with that since some clients can burn you. And with OVH hard stance on abuse notices, it would do you no good to have 10-100 servers terminated without notice since one of your clients, or a client of your client, runs malicious software.

You would have to be absolutely insane to buy 10-100 servers when OVH will simply turn around and suspend all of them.

Thelen
21-10-2010, 03:21
Screw this, just make buying more bandwidth cheaper and able to pool across servers!

The issue at the moment isn't that the servers aren't cheap (entry cost is low), but that extra bandwidth for the Gbit servers costs too much.

Also funny you say that Rapid, except that your offerings still can't compete with the low price of OVH and certainly not now

RapidSpeeds
20-10-2010, 22:37
Too late and not enough Oles.

We officially stop selling OVH products next week (will still keep existing servers) - we can't give support to OVH users when you can't give support to us - it's a joke your 9-6 mon-fri hours.

If it wasn't for Marc, we would have pulled the plug a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
You want an offer that does not exist elsewhere? You want a competitive advantage? Okay, we give you all three, but you must order by 10, 50 or 100, there must be progress in the year +X% and you must commit to OVH for 3 years. Under these conditions there is a very, very privileged relationship, we can build something that gives you real cards in the poker of the internet.
I'm very curious as to how you going to manage that? I ordered 50 servers in one day, and I had to order one by one - also, do you going to have one point of contact for all resellers with proper support?

iUnknown
20-10-2010, 22:17
I think the service (in terms of bandwidth and IPs) should work exactly the same as the way you offer regular clients. If you change this, it could be a drawback (or unneeded incentive) for customers to purchase from resellers. In general, the plans (server specifications, bandwidth, IP, 'professional usage', etc.) and product range should all work exactly the same for resellers. I am looking for some sort of scheme where you will discount pricing (where possible for you) for resellers as they have more and more servers.

Resellers can't buy large numbers of servers in bulks as it will be much harder to make profitable. Would it not be appropriate to both of us if you offered the discounted percentages after there are a certain number of servers in the account (this is how almost all dedicated server reselling schemes work)?

Regards.

yonatan
09-08-2010, 23:48
Hello Octave,

oles@ovh.net
09-08-2010, 23:38
Good evening,

The idea that we will follow to propose (finally) offers to resellers is relatively simple. We do not offer the existing offers and try to undercut. It makes no sense to us because the margins are already very low and just working on prices meanis no real value added.

We are thinking proposing "new" offers for resellers and work on the volume when ordering and renewal.

If we take dedicated servers, the idea would be, I dunno, create three types of different servers that we offer with a market price of X euro and to offer 10, 20 or 40 pieces / order. Placing an order for this volume would allow us to reduce costs and make, I dunno, -10%, -20%, -30% on order. Then at renewal, taking into account all production servers. It would work /24 (230-240 servers) where we provide 1Gbps of bandwidth guarantee for the /24. No failover IP, no loadbalancing IP.

If we take the telephony, we imagine a SIP account connected to a dedicated infrastructure for resellers, which could pool all costs and then each reseller would have a limitless number of phones that can be connected on the infrastructure. We also imagine only SIP positions and only phones that OVH does not offer on its range. Basically, a different offer from the one that we offer today.

If we take the domain names, we imagine the purchase "operations" for the creation or transfer by 10, 50 or 100 with a price -5%, -10% -15%, then the price of renewal will depend on the number of all domain names in OVH. We remove all that we includes for the domain name i.e. the dns, whois private and let the reseller manage everything.

If we take the shared hosting, we imagine a cluster managed by OVH that we may cut out at will, the site, POP3 or MySQL. We would limit just the CPU/RAM/customer resources with the possibility of adding resources to the card and be quasi-unlimited. We thought about unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth. Then also offer both standard POP3 account for zimbra or exchange 2010 in upgrade to those that want it.

There it is.

The idea is to make new offers that have nothing to do with what we already offer and then to propose a strategy and a program to generate volume. That is it, you said you want the price? You want an offer that does not exist elsewhere? You want a competitive advantage? Okay, we give you all three, but you must order by 10, 50 or 100, there must be progress in the year +X% and you must commit to OVH for 3 years. Under these conditions there is a very, very privileged relationship, we can build something that gives you real cards in the poker of the internet.

I leave the feedback to you

All the best,
Octave