OVH Community, your new community space.

Can't use own DNS servers for IP's?

yonatan
28-08-2010, 23:48
this looks related
http://www.ovh.com/soapi/en/?method=...eReverseModify

don't u guys use the soapi? I love it

IainK
28-08-2010, 23:43
@Speedy: I've asked for this in the past and been told that it would not be possible. Would also love to have this ability even if only for larger blocks.

Having said that, OVH should ensure that the person hosting these PTR records has sufficient architecture, at very least a master/slave setup for DNS.

Speedy059
11-08-2010, 06:49
Prior to signing up I was told we could use our own DNS servers to manage the /24 block we were going to buy, as our control panel with our clients allow them to set their own PTR records directly on to our dns servers. OVH said that as long as I got a /24 block or higher, they could point the block to our dns servers so we could manage the PTR records. Now that I have done this, it seems that it is no longer an option.

I don't quite see why it isn't an option, can't OVH point the IP's to my DNS servers? They could even make the dns zone on their DNS servers for "IN NS" instead of "IN PTR" pointing to my DNS servers. Can anyone from OVH help me out here into getting our blocks pointed to our servers?