OVH Community, your new community space.

[Urgent] How can I change the main IP pointing from a hostname?

inet
14-08-2010, 14:28
i agree with Myatu, you need take this up with rapidshare, because if you let the server go, and someone else gets your old i.p that is banned people wont be happy .

Myatu
13-08-2010, 22:35
Quote Originally Posted by kohkindachi
My server (or maybe the main IP) was banned by rapidshare.com to login.
That's more an issue you need to resolve with Rapidshare - obviously there's been a reason why you've been banned and trying to circumvent it by using up additional IP addresses is not going to solve it (and make matters worse for the customer coming after you, using those banned IPs).

However, the answer has already been provided several times in these forums so you simply need to use the "Search" function.

kohkindachi
13-08-2010, 13:46
Hi, I believe that the other failover IPs aren't blacklisted. Mind telling me how to get this working (gateway etc)? Thx

ictdude
13-08-2010, 09:26
Ok guys I'll explain the situation and hope some tech or pro could help me.

My server (or maybe the main IP) was banned by rapidshare.com to login. Then i try to use the failover IPs. All of them 'seems to be' ban too.
Rapidshare somehow know I'm using the same server regardless of how many IPs i'd changed on that server?? Yes? Maybe?

UPDATE:

I followed this instruction here to use the xxxxx.128.9x IP (one of the extra IP) as a proxy
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackha...effective.html (ssh tunneling)
I'm 100% sure I added xxxxx.128.9x to be used

But when i start using it and and check my ip using http://www.ip-adress.com/
It actually shows xxxxx.81.2x (the main IP) instead.

Now now...anyone knows what i can do :/
Can soneone tell me is it beacsue Filover IPs are merely IP alias? Do i need to purchase RIPE IPs? is there a need?
I gues you use the main ip as the gateway ? Did you follow the OVH procedure to implement the extra FO IP's ? To solve it you could use virtual macs. So the main gateway is not used. But now all Ip's are already black listed. Question also what is the reason that you got on the blacklist ? First solve the isseu why they are on a blacklist. If not the new Ip's could be blacklisted again. Looks that this is goin on here. Blacklisted again, because you server is doin something and rapidshare.com detects this
and will block you again. Also if you login to rapidshare.com gues you need your credentials to login
the host rapidshare detects youre credentials see the new ip's and block you again? First solve the why i am blacklisted reason. Check there policy reason for blacklist. You cannot go on buying ip's when you first not solve the why am i blacklisted issue.

kohkindachi
13-08-2010, 06:38
Ok guys I'll explain the situation and hope some tech or pro could help me.

My server (or maybe the main IP) was banned by rapidshare.com to login. Then i try to use the failover IPs. All of them 'seems to be' ban too.
Rapidshare somehow know I'm using the same server regardless of how many IPs i'd changed on that server?? Yes? Maybe?

UPDATE:

I followed this instruction here to use the xxxxx.128.9x IP (one of the extra IP) as a proxy
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackha...effective.html (ssh tunneling)
I'm 100% sure I added xxxxx.128.9x to be used

But when i start using it and and check my ip using http://www.ip-adress.com/
It actually shows xxxxx.81.2x (the main IP) instead.

Now now...anyone knows what i can do :/
Can soneone tell me is it beacsue Filover IPs are merely IP alias? Do i need to purchase RIPE IPs? is there a need?

kohkindachi
13-08-2010, 04:16
Ok nvm about (2).
ns2xxxx7.ovh.net is currently pointing to my main IP. is there a way to change the IP?

ictdude
13-08-2010, 01:57
Dear guys, although I've the first IP is the main one whereas the other 2 are failover ips. Hostname ns2xxxx7.ovh.net is pointing to the main IP(xxxxx.81.2x).

But guys, (1)how do i change the IP of ns2xxxx7.ovh.net, (2) rename ns2xxxx7.ovh.net?

Thanks
What do you try to do here ? Think you talk about revers dns ?
You can not rename a ns2xxxx7.ovh.net Because OVH is the owner of that domain. You need your own Domain and then you can assign revers dns names. For example: If you whould have kohkindachi.com ...You could do a revers dns and name your servers failover ips Hostname1.kohkindachi.com and Hostname2.kohkindachi.com But first make A records on that domain.
Is that what you mean ?

kohkindachi
12-08-2010, 15:45
server : 1xxx0
ip : xxxxx.81.2x
ip : xxxxx.128.9x
ip : xxxxx.48.1x
hostname : ns2xxxx7.ovh.net
IP : xxxxx.81.2x
IPv6 : 2001:41D0:1:861c::/64
MAC : 00:27:0E:01:41:F3
Reverse : ns2xxxx7.ovh.net
Switch : sw.81.245/26
Dear guys, although I've the first IP is the main one whereas the other 2 are failover ips. Hostname ns2xxxx7.ovh.net is pointing to the main IP(xxxxx.81.2x).

But guys, (1)how do i change the IP of ns2xxxx7.ovh.net, (2) rename ns2xxxx7.ovh.net?

Thanks