OVH Community, your new community space.

FTP Backup and IPFailover IP's dont work

marks
18-08-2010, 10:59
yes, the feature is been developed as we speak. To start with, it'll be configurable with other IP failovers from OVH. But not for other IPs outside OVH.

This configuration feature is to allow other IPs in the server to access the FTP backup, but the security concerns of accessing the backup space from somewhere else still apply.

vbjr
17-08-2010, 21:45
By the way it would actually be nice to have this feature on the FTPD to be automatic though if possible.

And even some sort of way for an outside IP to get in the FTPD, just in case data needs to be retrieved or sent to it in cases of emergency.

vbjr
17-08-2010, 12:59
Thanks very much Marks, will send the message right now, although I called and I was asked to post the message here first lol

Andy
17-08-2010, 12:44
Good idea marks. I've seen lots of people complain they had no access from their home machines to the backups. That would be a nice addition for pulling backups to home if you decide to cancel the server etc.

marks
17-08-2010, 12:27
Very good point, Mr Vbjr.

If that's your case, send us an email to the support with the IP failovers that you want added in the Access Control List of your FTP backup and we'll get it done.

We'll make possible to other IPs, under demand, will have access to it

vbjr
17-08-2010, 12:12
Hello everyone,

As most of you know, the FTP Backup only works on the host server itself.
But if you have IPFailovers configured for your server, you are not allowed to FTP into the FTP Backup service provided by OVH, which kinda defeats the object when you have an ESXi server like I do.

I have 2 virtual guests on the esxi server and I'm looking to backup single files from the guests into the FTP Backup server, but the connection gets rejected since the IP's being used on the guests are the IPFailover ones.

Would be nice if OVH can configure the FTP backup to let the following connections go through:

• IP from Server [host]
  • IPFailover Addresses
  • MAC Addresses assigned to the customer

I welcome any how-to on how to be able to backup my individual files from the guest VM's into the FTP Backup