OVH Community, your new community space.

Moving back to unmetered... Total joke

fozl
20-08-2010, 17:02
Quote Originally Posted by impstimp
I see how it's more economical for you, I have to pay another £50 setup fee because you guys refuse to do a simple process and allow me to switch back to what I had in the first place...

Terrible behavior and shoddy business practice... I'll no longer be recommending ovh to other users for embarrassment of something like this happening to them.

I also recommend to existing users that they seriously think about moving any unmetered servers over to traffic series because of ovh's laziness to revert anything back for them.

As topic - TOTAL JOKE.
Your opinion is negative because you've not been given the answer you wanted. I advise Superplan customers reading this, when you get a new Superplan server be sure to carefully consider the traffic-type you need, as although you can upgrade to Traffic series, you can't downgrade to Unmetered series. Please bear this in mind when placing an order or requesting an upgrade of the bandwidth type.

Thread closed as you have your answer impstimp.

impstimp
20-08-2010, 16:52
I see how it's more economical for you, I have to pay another £50 setup fee because you guys refuse to do a simple process and allow me to switch back to what I had in the first place...

Terrible behavior and shoddy business practice... I'll no longer be recommending ovh to other users for embarrassment of something like this happening to them.

I also recommend to existing users that they seriously think about moving any unmetered servers over to traffic series because of ovh's laziness to revert anything back for them.

As topic - TOTAL JOKE.

fozl
20-08-2010, 16:22
Quote Originally Posted by impstimp
I agree with what Andy said.

I can't believe that if the product was already on unmetered in the first place and it's so easily moved to traffic series, why it can't be moved easily back to unmetered... I was told before it was just "company policy" now it's changed to not being technically possible....

Come on man, we're not stupid.....
It's not something that there is enough demand for that we would reconsider. Company policy is that the changes ovh make to our services are changes that must make sense economically in order to remain competitive in the market. Chopping and changing some things in response to an extreme minority of requests would not further that cause.

I personally recommend the 6P rule.

impstimp
20-08-2010, 13:35
I agree with what Andy said.

I can't believe that if the product was already on unmetered in the first place and it's so easily moved to traffic series, why it can't be moved easily back to unmetered... I was told before it was just "company policy" now it's changed to not being technically possible....

Come on man, we're not stupid.....

Andy
20-08-2010, 13:26
marks, I can't believe for one second you can do it one way but not the other. All you're doing it throwing a switch telling the routers how to log it's usage and how to handle its traffic. It's all down to "can't do it because we don't want to do it" attitude. ANYTHING is possible if you want to make it happen. As I said earlier in the week, I've seen you make things happen. Make this another!

marks
20-08-2010, 12:53
Strictly speaking, we're talking about 2 different products/models: SP traffic and SP unmettered are different models, as different as an EG Mini and SP Bestof, And for this reason, it's not possible to switch between them.

We can do an exception when the request is to change from Unmettered to a Traffic, because it's technically possible and easy. Also we prefer the servers to be in traffic series, as you can see for the number of models in Traffic series and the number on Unmettered. But that's something to do as an exception, and for that, you have to contact the support (oppose to a button in the manager like for normal functionality).

Unfortunately, it's not the same the other way round. It's not possible to change from Traffic to Unmettered, for several reasons. But the main being a different product.

impstimp
20-08-2010, 12:34
I'm starting to think I should just move my servers elsewhere, this is 2 servers in 1 month now that OVH have lost from me because of these silly "rules"...

Thelen
20-08-2010, 12:25
It is OVH logic. There is a thread/post by Raxxy that says the same, basically the answer is STFU GTFO.

Sadly you'll have to pay the setup

impstimp
20-08-2010, 12:16
I've got a number of servers with OVH and very happy with the service I receive, however one of my servers which is an SP-09 Best of (Unmetered when I purchased it) was moved to Traffic Series with no problem until now...

The server now has a different purpose and I wanted to move back to unmetered, but it seems OVH are unable to move a server back to unmetered for some reason quoting on the phone that "it's company policy that you can upgrade but can't downgrade"..... even though the server was unmetered in the first place.

OVH would rather have me waste my time, their time and also further resources by having me let the current server expire and go unused until someone else takes it over and I purchase another server making me pay another £50 in setup fees for a server I already have and is capable of being put back to unmetered!

I'm trying to see the logic in all of this so would appreciate it if someone could explain to me what the hell is going on??!