OVH Community, your new community space.

Manager won't allow deleting yourself from technical manager now

everwicked
16-11-2010, 13:24
Quote Originally Posted by _Lemon_
Oh, my mistake. I see how this is useful for you, however should a technical contact have this sort of power? I would say this fits under administration of the server!
A technical contact being able to remove themselves and then let the system restore the default?
Sure, doesn't sound like any kind of superpower to me.

_Lemon_
16-11-2010, 13:23
Quote Originally Posted by everwicked
If you read my original post again you'll see that *I* am the current technical NIC and want to remove myself - to restore it to the NIC of the owner of the server.
Oh, my mistake. I see how this is useful for you, however should a technical contact have this sort of power? I would say this fits under administration of the server!

everwicked
15-11-2010, 14:30
Quote Originally Posted by _Lemon_
You can remove the current technical NIC by updating the contact with your own NIC. It removes the previous one and restores it to as before.
If you read my original post again you'll see that *I* am the current technical NIC and want to remove myself - to restore it to the NIC of the owner of the server.

_Lemon_
15-11-2010, 12:04
You can remove the current technical NIC by updating the contact with your own NIC. It removes the previous one and restores it to as before.

everwicked
15-11-2010, 11:22
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Sorry about not replying, I have requested this to the developers so hopefully they can add it back.
Any update on this? Still can't do it from the manager...

everwicked
03-09-2010, 14:08
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Sorry about not replying, I have requested this to the developers so hopefully they can add it back.
Thanks Neil!

Neil
03-09-2010, 13:57
Hi

everwicked
02-09-2010, 18:46
Bump - a reply from OVH staff would be appreciated!

everwicked
24-08-2010, 11:03
Will this receive any attention from OVH staff?

everwicked
20-08-2010, 20:34
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
It could be security related. It makes sense to give total control to the "admin" NIC.
It doesn't add any risk.

if self == technical manager allow delete and revert back to tech manager == admin

Simples.

Winit
20-08-2010, 20:26
It could be security related. It makes sense to give total control to the "admin" NIC.

everwicked
20-08-2010, 20:12
I get customers who want me to do things for them so they add me as technical manager temporarily and I do it for them.

I used to be able to delete myself from technical manager when I'm done but with the new manager update, this is not possible anymore!

Can you add this ability once again?