OVH Community, your new community space.

1tb extra a month

Thelen
03-09-2010, 04:38
BW pooling is indeed possible, since, and as we have seen, they do the BW counting based on some historical tally data or something, so clearly applying that to all the servers would be only a small change in the script.

everwicked
02-09-2010, 18:50
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Neil, just why can't it be bought in smaller blocks though? It doesn't make any sense you can't do this - anyone else will let you buy 1 TB, 100 GB, 10 or even just 1 GB.

But if you insist on keeping 2 TB blocks, can I make a suggestion then? Traffic pooling. Ie., if a server comes with 3 TB and you own 3 of these, you have a total of 9 TB in your pool. All three servers can use what's in this pool, without going into overage until the pool runs out of 9 TB (so, let's say, server 1 could use 6 TB, server 2 and 3 1.5 TB each without going into overage). Then you could buy a 2 TB increments to add to this pool... That would make a lot more sense, and I'm sure people would feel less "duped" paying for "unused" traffic...
+1!

Andy
02-09-2010, 18:00
I agree with Myatu on pooling too.

Also, it's not that they can't sell you less than 2TB at a time, it's that they won't. Simple, end of, usual OVH "won't do it even though we can" crap.

2TB is a LOT of data. You're essentially asking most people to buy 2/3 of their servers bandwidth again to add extra bandwidth. 200GB or 500GB would be more reasonable.

Myatu
02-09-2010, 17:26
Neil, just why can't it be bought in smaller blocks though? It doesn't make any sense you can't do this - anyone else will let you buy 1 TB, 100 GB, 10 or even just 1 GB.

But if you insist on keeping 2 TB blocks, can I make a suggestion then? Traffic pooling. Ie., if a server comes with 3 TB and you own 3 of these, you have a total of 9 TB in your pool. All three servers can use what's in this pool, without going into overage until the pool runs out of 9 TB (so, let's say, server 1 could use 6 TB, server 2 and 3 1.5 TB each without going into overage). Then you could buy a 2 TB increments to add to this pool... That would make a lot more sense, and I'm sure people would feel less "duped" paying for "unused" traffic...

LawsHosting
02-09-2010, 12:49
If we have the Pro fee in place with a 1GB nic, we should be lowered to 100MB, if we don't, then, fair enough, 10MB....... Just my opinion of course.

Neil
02-09-2010, 12:16
Hi

The minimum amount of additional traffic that has to be ordered is 2TB, if you do not purchase any additional traffic and your server is over then it will be limited to 10Mbps until the end of the month,

bsdMan
02-09-2010, 06:22
I always need 1 TB extra a month in bandwidth, 2 TB with VAT is just too much for me to pay and i can never do it (so i havent for several days)

is there a way i can dispatch help to bill me for 1 TB??? i can even do 1TB renewal everymonth.

tks