OVH Community, your new community space.

Additional Traffic = 35 for 1 DAY!!

Neil
30-09-2010, 10:14
Quote Originally Posted by tim2718281
What? Surely ovh.ie deals with the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland; and ovh.co.uk deals with Northern Ireland.

After all, Northern Ireland and the RoI have different currencies, different VAT rates, different VAT collectors, and different legal systems.
Correct, OVH.ie deals with Republic of Ireland and we deal with Northern Ireland.

Rilly
29-09-2010, 22:49
There are multiple names of the support people at ovh.ie.. Dan, Niall, Jane.. I doubt its one person using aliases to pretend to be more than one person..

tim2718281
29-09-2010, 18:46
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
... IE customers are mostly bound by UK law except from South Ireland.
What? Surely ovh.ie deals with the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland; and ovh.co.uk deals with Northern Ireland.

After all, Northern Ireland and the RoI have different currencies, different VAT rates, different VAT collectors, and different legal systems.

Neil
29-09-2010, 17:16
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Knowing OVH, he probably only speaks German as well.
Why don't you phone their telephone number and find out, but I think common sense would tell you it is more than 1 person.

Tz-OVH
29-09-2010, 15:48
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
From what I heard, the support for IE is maintained by 1 guy?
Knowing OVH, he probably only speaks German as well.

LawsHosting
29-09-2010, 15:46
From what I heard, the support for IE is maintained by 1 guy?

gregoryfenton
29-09-2010, 13:50
Lol I can just picture Jon Oles, Taffy Oles, Paddy McOles, Jock MacOles all getting together in France for the yearly party. Probably takes place in Jean Claude Van Oles's office. On one chair.

Customer service - employed to render service to a customer.

Some stats I find interesting:
forum.ovh.ie:
Currently Active Users: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
Most users ever online was 44, 07-03-2009 at 04:19 PM
Threads: 333, Posts: 1,023, Members: 589
forum.ovh.co.uk:
Currently Active Users: 27 (4 members and 23 guests)
Most users ever online was 95, 06-04-2010 at 04:51 PM
Threads: 4,603, Posts: 34,205, Members: 3,478

ireland: on average 3 posts per thread
UK: on average 7 posts per thread

Either the .ie forum is extremely succinct at solving problems or they don't get utilised in the same way the .uk forum does.

Maybe Mr. McOles should offer per post bonuses to the ovh.ie staff?

Thelen
29-09-2010, 13:36
OVH is really just a bunch of franchises. IRL franchises don't help each other out (much), and usually have totally different systems etc.

RapidSpeeds
29-09-2010, 13:24
Would it not make sense for each subsidiary to help each other out where possible though? OVH is a big enough company to find those sorts of solutions I doubt the laws between IE and UK are that much different. OK US and CA customers there is a difference but IE customers are mostly bound by UK law except from South Ireland.
Andy, I don't think they need to help other subs - they were hired to help with UK, and that's exactly what they do.

Why would they want to take on more work? They all get paid the exact same amount no doubt - if the .IE branch wants to be lazy and not answer emails etc, then their customers should call them to follow up or email ovh with a complaint.

fozl
29-09-2010, 12:47
Would it not make sense for each subsidiary to help each other out where possible though? OVH is a big enough company to find those sorts of solutions I doubt the laws between IE and UK are that much different. OK US and CA customers there is a difference but IE customers are mostly bound by UK law except from South Ireland.
Each subsidiary is it's own entity, with different payment systems and sometimes different offers etc. We can't have people in different subsidiaries dealing with each others customers all over the place, that would be crazy, who knows where society would end up? Order Must Be Maintained.

We help each other out behind the scenes of course but not in customer facing matters.

Andy
29-09-2010, 12:40

Neil
29-09-2010, 12:37
Tell OVH.ie staff to start replying to their customers then! I don't see why the UK staff can't deal with .IE people as well, given the same time zone, etc.
They do and have been in contact frequently, they asked him to contact is credit card provider since it is not an issue our side.

The reason we do not is simple, because of these exact reasons, we have different laws and different payment systems. IE is busy focusing on supporting US and CA customers, where we are already active in the UK market.

Andy
29-09-2010, 12:22
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
You need to explain this to OVH,ie! Why say this on the UK Forum? We use different payment systems for different countries, we cannot help you here.
Tell OVH.ie staff to start replying to their customers then! I don't see why the UK staff can't deal with .IE people as well, given the same time zone, etc.

Neil
29-09-2010, 09:34
Quote Originally Posted by mks
I have been trying to order 2TB additional bandwidth for 5 days, the payment ALWAYS refused by bank. Just now I ordered another server with OVH the payment went through FINE, so 5 minutes later I try to order bandwidth again and it is refused by bank again. This was using the same credit card! I even called my bank and they say it is VENDOR problem.

If you can't fix your payment processor to accept bandwidth orders, you should give customers courtesy bandwidth since we made good faith effort to order BUT your order system is not working. When we sign up for service, we sign up with expectation that WE can get back to 100mbps if it is ever limited to 10mbps but your system is not working!
You need to explain this to OVH,ie! Why say this on the UK Forum? We use different payment systems for different countries, we cannot help you here.

tim2718281
28-09-2010, 20:55
Quote Originally Posted by Andy.
Why we're on about traffic, please can we have the option to transfer some traffic from one server to another. I have some servers that remain TB's under limit every month. Moving just 1TB from one of those to this server would have been an easy and more fair solution.
Could you do that yourself by routing traffic from one server to the other? This makes the traffic internal on the origin server, so it does not count towards the limit.

mks
16-09-2010, 11:04
I have been trying to order 2TB additional bandwidth for 5 days, the payment ALWAYS refused by bank. Just now I ordered another server with OVH the payment went through FINE, so 5 minutes later I try to order bandwidth again and it is refused by bank again. This was using the same credit card! I even called my bank and they say it is VENDOR problem.

If you can't fix your payment processor to accept bandwidth orders, you should give customers courtesy bandwidth since we made good faith effort to order BUT your order system is not working. When we sign up for service, we sign up with expectation that WE can get back to 100mbps if it is ever limited to 10mbps but your system is not working!

Andy.
15-09-2010, 23:11
Quote Originally Posted by fozl
That was "Andy." not "Andy", and at this time we still wouldn't do it for anyone.
lol
My name is Andy
My nick is Andy.
Either will do for me, but some people are more anal about things I guess.

And yeah, I know you won't do it.
That's the feckin point of my post!
Bad procedure for additional traffic.
Procedure being reviewed by OVH Head Office.
Let's see if they get it right, or at least better, 2nd time around after recieving MANY customer complaints both here in the forum and to OVH support.

fozl
15-09-2010, 15:57
Quote Originally Posted by mvegetto
It's still very nasty! When I read about this stuff again I am really dissapointed in OVH. Even loyal customers like Andy gets no exception or whatsoever.
That was "Andy." not "Andy", and at this time we still wouldn't do it for anyone. The matter is more complex than it seems, otherwise it would be a no-brainer to sell customers more of what they want to buy. It's not a matter of being a long-time customer or not unfortunately, so no one you'd speak to would be in a position to make exceptions, any such decision must be made higher up and take time, money and person-hours to implement, it couldn't be done off the back of a friendly phone-call.

I don't consider this frank limitation to be a 'c**k-up', it's a policy that's in place for a reason.

LawsHosting
15-09-2010, 15:07
Quote Originally Posted by Andy.
No, additional only lasts until your next monthly billing cycle.
Surely that has to be unlogical.......

additionally - in addition, by way of addition; furthermore; "Octave serves additionally to his father who is the chairman"...

So, at midnight on the 1st of the month, Octave gets demoted.

Pfft

Andy.
15-09-2010, 14:29
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Won't the 2TB count as Additional Traffic regardless if you have 3TB? So, you have 5TB to use this month, and that 2TB won't be affected until the 3TB is used. Thats my thinking behind "additional".
No, additional only lasts until your next monthly billing cycle.
So if I purchase 2TB today and only use 0.5TB I would lose the other 1.5TB tomorrow when the next billing cycle kicks in.
It won't carry over nor can it be transferred.

Andy.
15-09-2010, 14:27
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
You don't pay for a day, you pay for the traffic, the minimum is 2TB and it is listed on the website. If you don't want to pay 35 then don't, just run the server at 10Mbps for a day.
Note I said "in my case"

This is why I phoned OVH support.
In this case it WAS 35 for 1 day to lift the cap.
Surely there's a way around this one off breach I thought.
Surely OVH would take into account the fact I have NEVER breached traffic on ANY server in over 2 YEARS and would therefore cut me some slack this time?

I guess not.

Based on the comments above, my only options are to pay up or put up and even shut up.

Why we're on about traffic, please can we have the option to transfer some traffic from one server to another. I have some servers that remain TB's under limit every month. Moving just 1TB from one of those to this server would have been an easy and more fair solution.

LawsHosting
15-09-2010, 13:01
Won't the 2TB count as Additional Traffic regardless if you have 3TB? So, you have 5TB to use this month, and that 2TB won't be affected until the 3TB is used. Thats my thinking behind "additional".

mvegetto
15-09-2010, 12:40
It's still very nasty! When I read about this stuff again I am really dissapointed in OVH. Even loyal customers like Andy gets no exception or whatsoever.

Neil
15-09-2010, 12:21
You don't pay for a day, you pay for the traffic, the minimum is 2TB and it is listed on the website. If you don't want to pay 35 then don't, just run the server at 10Mbps for a day.

Andy
15-09-2010, 12:10
Get over it, OVH don't care. No point crying over it as they refuse to do anything. We've all voiced complaints over their stupid 2TB minimum as well.

Andy.
15-09-2010, 10:47
How crazy is this.
This is the first time I've gone over traffic in over 2 YEARS on any of the servers used here (and we have a few)
Went over on the 14th.
Server month end is the 16th

The miniumum traffic I can buy is 2TB and it would only last to the 16th, which is just one day now!

Contacted support hoping to get the cap lifted just this once as I'm not about to pay the equivalent of another months line rental for 24hrs uncapped network.

Can't be done.
Not won't be done.
CAN'T be done.

So there you have it.
Another fine c0ck up by OVH.

So not only do they have a stupid process for adding additional traffic that would cost 35 per day in this case, but there's also no flexibility when it comes to helping out this long standing customer with a VERY HIGH retention rate.

Had I been OVH support, I would have offered to add an additional 2TB FOC just this once, but no, all I was told is that nothing can be done, sorry.

Cheers OVH.