OVH Community, your new community space.

IP Addresses For VMS

Felix@OVH
11-06-2008, 14:28
In the network interface properties, disable the "VMware bridge protocol".

hyster
11-06-2008, 14:15
Quote Originally Posted by myself
Same problem here, cant get vmware to work on my windows server.Getting a bit frustrated.....
Can a staff member give any ideas. I have installed using NAT so it does not disconnect from your routers but still with the same result. ??

myself
11-06-2008, 14:05
Same problem here, cant get vmware to work on my windows server.Getting a bit frustrated.....

hyster
11-06-2008, 14:03
Quote Originally Posted by kro
As Octave wrote, IP blocks will be available (as of Monday) for owners of a "Pro" Server, that is one of EG, MG or HG. You will have the possibility to order via the "Manager" interface.

Concerning the use of the virtualisation distributions: even without a whole IP network it still can be useful, first of all you can use the failover IPs that come with your server, and additionally you can setup NAT. This might be helpful if you want to logically separate services in different environments, without offering services to the world. (filtering of spam, viruses, proxy, etc)

Felix
Have tried to set it up using failover IP and nat but again I have killed the box.

Is there a tutorial for setting this up under windows using vmware ?? Please

Felix@OVH
11-06-2008, 13:46
As Octave wrote, IP blocks will be available (as of Monday) for owners of a "Pro" Server, that is one of EG, MG or HG. You will have the possibility to order via the "Manager" interface.

Concerning the use of the virtualisation distributions: even without a whole IP network it still can be useful, first of all you can use the failover IPs that come with your server, and additionally you can setup NAT. This might be helpful if you want to logically separate services in different environments, without offering services to the world. (filtering of spam, viruses, proxy, etc)

Felix

hyster
11-06-2008, 13:25
Quote Originally Posted by M101
Then why offer VMware, it defeats the entire point of having the distro's available.
Surely you need the ips to use with the distro as well ??

Also it has ben said they will be available in blocks free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Hello,

We now offer a ready to use distribution with VMware Server (in Debian Etch 32 bits). This new distribution is in addition to our other distributions of Virtualization:
- Xen 3.2.1 (in Debian Etch 64-bit) administrable in console
- Proxmox (in Debian Etch 64-bit) administrable by a web interface which offers OpenVZ virtualization and / or KVM

It is currently only available when reinstalling from the Manager. We will make it available in the order process from next week. You will soon be able to ask for your own free blocks of IP (16, 32 and 64 IP) from the Manager for our PRO servers (EG / MG / HG).

Regards,

Octave

Marco
11-06-2008, 11:48
Additional IP addresses are free of charge, but they are limited by the offer. You can see that on our offer page at the IP fail over field. For example the following offer KIMSUFI reloaded 2008 has 2 IPs available: 1 fixed plus 1 additional fail over:
http://www.ovh.co.uk/business/products/kimsufi08.xml

If you want to add an IP to your offer please look at the following guide:
http://help.ovh.co.uk/IpFailover#link2

Please contact the support at customersupport@ovh.co.uk or by phone at the number 0207 252 3335 before posting a query to OVH's staff on the forum, as we will answer more promptly.

M101
10-06-2008, 22:16
Then why offer VMware, it defeats the entire point of having the distro's available.

IainK
10-06-2008, 20:26
You cannot order IP addresses yet.

hyster
10-06-2008, 19:58
I am considering reinstalling one of my boxes to run VMware to run VPS's. Can a staffy give me a link or tell me how I can order a block of IP address to use.

Is there a link on ovh.co.uk to order these or is it done by email?

I am sure plenty of your customers would be interested in this.