OVH Community, your new community space.

Does OVH really deliver servers in 1 hour?

Thelen
24-09-2010, 05:59
Perhaps they have sped it up, I guess after all the last time I ordered a server (and especially cared about delivery time) was a couple months ago when I got a pair of c250g, the last server before that being a few months before.

HandsomeChap
23-09-2010, 18:50
Funnily since this thread, I ordered another server and it was processed in less than 40 minutes, my personal best! :P

Winit
23-09-2010, 18:40
You're probably categorized as high risk and thus processed by a human being.

Thelen
23-09-2010, 15:23
It ain't fully automated, why else do you think it takes time for orders to be accepted?

Maybe some people have their accounts marked as "process NOW", but all the people I talk to say it even takes up to hours before the order is even accepted and showing as provisioning (vs waiting for credit).

Also, I've never seen it take under 10 minutes to install Debian, so not sure what "most" is...

Winit
21-09-2010, 19:45
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
I find it hard to believe to be honest, it is going to take 15 minutes just to do the install, which means they are accepting the order and sending the install commands within 2 minutes.
The system is automated. It takes less than ten minutes to install most of the distros.

Thelen
21-09-2010, 18:37
I find it hard to believe to be honest, it is going to take 15 minutes just to do the install, which means they are accepting the order and sending the install commands within 2 minutes.

But whatever, there are always going to be some at the bottom of the bell curve for setup times, obviously you are one of the lucky few.

Speedy059
20-09-2010, 08:51
Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
Do you do background checks on those U.S. customers who previously ordered and received servers from you and now wait for you to complete their new orders?

For some reason they do. I have never gotten a server within 1 hour. It's always been 2-3 days since i'm in the USA. Not sure why they have to constantly make sure my orders aren't fraudulent after I have ordered several times....

zimsters
20-09-2010, 08:16
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
I call bs Having ordered over 70 myself, and knowing a guy that ordered over 200, you must be extremely lucky since we never see even 15 out of all that within 30 minutes-60 minutes.

most recent purchases:
18 sept
Q1T
order time 3:39pm
delivery time: 4:03pm

17 sept
i7-2t
order time 7:54pm
delivery time: 8:14pm

15 sept
2x i7-4t
order time 8:34pm
delivery time: 8:59pm

i could go on

Thelen
20-09-2010, 05:16
Quote Originally Posted by zimsters
I order 2-3 servers a month (KS, various). Every single one in the past few months have been delivered within 15-25 minutes.
I call bs Having ordered over 70 myself, and knowing a guy that ordered over 200, you must be extremely lucky since we never see even 15 out of all that within 30 minutes-60 minutes.

zimsters
18-09-2010, 09:41
I order 2-3 servers a month (KS, various). Every single one in the past few months have been delivered within 15-25 minutes.

Oleg
17-09-2010, 20:47
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
We still have to do background checks on US and CA orders, you will just have to be patient on this while it is done.
Do you do background checks on those U.S. customers who previously ordered and received servers from you and now wait for you to complete their new orders?

marks
17-09-2010, 09:48
Strictly speaking, that 1 hour figure means the server for that model racked and ready to assign to your order. They still have to be installed, which is normally less than 1 hour.

But, apart from payment processing and fraud checks, the server could have a problem during the installation with the requested system. That's why we can't guarantee the 1 hour delivery. Most of the orders are delivered within an hour, but to guarantee that all of them are delivered within an hour is not possible.

We guarantee all deliveries within 72 hour max, subject to availability

Thelen
17-09-2010, 01:22
I've had a few that were under 2 hrs, but certainly not 1 hr even not the first one (after validation obviously). Since then, ordering more than 2 server sometimes took days, once I think 6 due to a weekend.

mks
16-09-2010, 18:41
Quote Originally Posted by BigMAC
Generally when you order dedicated servers, Your order them before you need them, Not when you need them, If you know what i mean
Obviously I wouldn't buy something I don't need. I think you meant anticipate when they're needed?

Well I got my server now.

Tz-OVH
16-09-2010, 18:19
Quickest for me was ages ago, 15mins and I got my login details from time of payment.

BigMAC
16-09-2010, 17:36
Quote Originally Posted by mks
OK I will wait.. please try deliver before weekend.
Generally when you order dedicated servers, Your order them before you need them, Not when you need them, If you know what i mean

mks
16-09-2010, 17:13
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
We still have to do background checks on US and CA orders, you will just have to be patient on this while it is done.

Orders are delivered 24/7 so after you order is validated it will be deployed.
OK I will wait.. please try deliver before weekend.

HandsomeChap
16-09-2010, 16:50
My worst one for me was 3 days, and it was the first one I ordered, best one probably about 2 hours, other ones in between but all less than 2 days apart from my first one ever. I'm pretty sure every one I have ever ordered said there were some in stock for 1 hour but I would not bank on it turning up before the full 3 days.

Neil
16-09-2010, 16:09
Well I already have existing servers with them, I don't think they do fraud checks on every order for existing clients? I think I needed to send in my id for my first order so they do check billing and everything before they setup a client account.

Do you deliver servers on weekends?

Can you check my order to see if there is availability as it's almost 6 hours since I ordered and the weekend is coming up. Just look up my email address.

Orders are delivered 24/7 so after you order is validated it will be deployed.

mks
16-09-2010, 15:56
Quote Originally Posted by BigMAC
I,d say yes, Aslong they have a dedicated team in provisioning servers.

Having servers on auto provision is pretty bad pratice to be honest, They need to process your order and make sure your billing information is correct, Maybe run acouple of fraud checks against you.

Regardless of providers saying we can provision within an hour i allways say anything upto 24 Hours is pretty standard in this industry.
Well I already have existing servers with them, I don't think they do fraud checks on every order for existing clients? I think I needed to send in my id for my first order so they do check billing and everything before they setup a client account.

Quote Originally Posted by fozl
Production/deployment is 24/7, but the availability figures on the site are a guide as actual delivery time must of course depend on availability, we aim to deliver within 72 hours max. We often manage to deliver within an hour.
Do you deliver servers on weekends?

Can you check my order to see if there is availability as it's almost 6 hours since I ordered and the weekend is coming up. Just look up my email address.

yonatan
16-09-2010, 15:50
ive got an eg SSD in less then 20 minutes.

fozl
16-09-2010, 15:17
It says there is availability in 1h for server I ordered but it's been couple hours? I just don't want them off to the weekend then I won't get my server until 3 more days.
Production/deployment is 24/7, but the availability figures on the site are a guide as actual delivery time must of course depend on availability, we aim to deliver within 72 hours max. We often manage to deliver within an hour.

LawsHosting
16-09-2010, 15:12
For me, fastest was 45mins, slowest was 2 days. Kimsufi btw

BigMAC
16-09-2010, 15:05
It says there is availability in 1h for server I ordered but it's been couple hours? I just don't want them off to the weekend then I won't get my server until 3 more days.
I,d say yes, Aslong they have a dedicated team in provisioning servers.

Having servers on auto provision is pretty bad pratice to be honest, They need to process your order and make sure your billing information is correct, Maybe run acouple of fraud checks against you.

Regardless of providers saying we can provision within an hour i allways say anything upto 24 Hours is pretty standard in this industry.

mks
16-09-2010, 14:58