OVH Community, your new community space.

Legal action

Thelen
23-09-2010, 16:21
This really isn't the place, as it isn't network abuse it is copyright infringement. OVH (and indeed all carriers /ISP) isn't here to police the internet.

As sucky as it sounds, if he is reselling it then you probably did a good job, except for working out a good business model.

Razakel
23-09-2010, 14:53
Quote Originally Posted by yos
This guy has bought our script and translated it to french and now he is reselling our script in hes new website without any authorization...
You should probably find a French copyright lawyer. You could also try talking to French police, as for-profit infringement is probably illegal.

yos
22-09-2010, 15:22
This guy has bought our script and translated it to french and now he is reselling our script in hes new website without any authorization...

LawsHosting
21-09-2010, 19:34
If I designed a script (would love to btw), I'd somehow make it so it has a keyfile hashed to the domain & IP, then make a call back to your server for verification. Plus encode the file with the call routine to your server in ionCube.

BigMAC
21-09-2010, 18:35
Quote Originally Posted by yos
Hello,

We are selling commercial php script (paid script not free) and we have found that there is a website that use OVH as hosting use an unauthorized copy of our script, so I have been trying to contact abuse@ovh.com to take the website down but have not received any response even after repeated attempts.
Can you please tell me who should I contact for this?

Best regards.
Can you prove this isnt paid for?

Neil
21-09-2010, 15:18
Hello Yos

Please send a copy to abuse@ovh.net and customersupport@ovh.co.uk and we will look into it.

yonatan
21-09-2010, 15:16
try
abuse@ovh.net

yos
21-09-2010, 15:04
Hello,

We are selling commercial php script (paid script not free) and we have found that there is a website that use OVH as hosting use an unauthorized copy of our script, so I have been trying to contact abuse@ovh.com to take the website down but have not received any response even after repeated attempts.
Can you please tell me who should I contact for this?

Best regards.