OVH Community, your new community space.

My server is down, responds to ping but all services are down?

fozl
23-09-2010, 14:37
Quote Originally Posted by mks
I opened a ticket nearly 12 hours ago. No tech has done anything yet. I tried my best to bring the server back online with netboot, rescue mode, ran tests, etc. with no luck. I think I used hard reboot at least half a dozen times. The server somehow came back online a few hours ago with all services working but there was no intervention by anyone. All services are working fine now but I want to know what happened and why.

I really think you should place higher priority on critical tickets. It says average response time is 12 hours for an emergency.

The ticket is 549084.
Please contact support@ovh.ie about this one. And also forum.ovh.ie.

Razakel
23-09-2010, 14:06
In future, poking around in vkvm mode to see what's gone wrong might be your best bet.

mks
23-09-2010, 12:43
I opened a ticket nearly 12 hours ago. No tech has done anything yet. I tried my best to bring the server back online with netboot, rescue mode, ran tests, etc. with no luck. I think I used hard reboot at least half a dozen times. The server somehow came back online a few hours ago with all services working but there was no intervention by anyone. All services are working fine now but I want to know what happened and why.

I really think you should place higher priority on critical tickets. It says average response time is 12 hours for an emergency.

The ticket is 549084.

fozl
23-09-2010, 09:27
Quote Originally Posted by mks
The RTM gives same data like uptime even after I request hard reboot.

What is wrong with my server?
Can you send us an email with the relevant details, or give a ticket number pls.

ExW
23-09-2010, 06:07
I had a similar problem after ovh replaced a faulty power supply. After first boot i had to wait for the hdd scan about 2 hours.

mks
23-09-2010, 01:06
The RTM gives same data like uptime even after I request hard reboot.

What is wrong with my server?