OVH Community, your new community space.

ovh support is a joke !

fozl
24-09-2010, 09:20
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Yep but sadly they don't care if they loose you. From their perspective, they rather customer that never complain, even if there is problem
And this by the way, is deeply untrue. We wouldn't get very far in this game if we didn't care about our customers!

fozl
24-09-2010, 09:19
Quote Originally Posted by ankurs
i dont expect any compensation, the support is really bad ; they dont reply for days & even if they do, they do a rush job

i am still to receive any reply to my ticket, if it was some other provider & i had posted such a thing in public; they should have got their act together to resolve the issue

seems ovh doesnt care about their customers, they are huge; but will keep loosing customers like me
Hi ankurs.

It's actually quite important that you contact the correct support for your region, you have a Spanish account so you need to contact ovh.es, and if you feel the need to, post the issue on forum.ovh.es.

Closing this thread now as it's the incorrect forum.

ps- I've been informed the correct disk has now been changed, hope this resolves the situation for you now.

Thelen
24-09-2010, 07:39
Yep but sadly they don't care if they loose you. From their perspective, they rather customer that never complain, even if there is problem

ankurs
24-09-2010, 06:03
Quote Originally Posted by _Lemon_
The problem is not hardware replacement nor poor support but handling of situations gone bad.

Hard disk failure appears to be quite low and meeting intervention/repair guarantees is generally quite good, with little fuss on handing out compensation (it's a shame it's not pro-actively done though). This is coming from someone with hundreds of servers for almost two years now.

Good luck with your situation gone bad though...
i dont expect any compensation, the support is really bad ; they dont reply for days & even if they do, they do a rush job

i am still to receive any reply to my ticket, if it was some other provider & i had posted such a thing in public; they should have got their act together to resolve the issue

seems ovh doesnt care about their customers, they are huge; but will keep loosing customers like me

_Lemon_
23-09-2010, 21:29
The problem is not hardware replacement nor poor support but handling of situations gone bad.

Hard disk failure appears to be quite low and meeting intervention/repair guarantees is generally quite good, with little fuss on handing out compensation (it's a shame it's not pro-actively done though). This is coming from someone with hundreds of servers for almost two years now.

Good luck with your situation gone bad though...

ankurs
23-09-2010, 12:53
We had a drive failure 2 weeks back, we gave them logs for the drive which was bad.

Took them a week to look into, what was a shock that they removed one of the working drives & left the damaged drive as it is.

Called them n number of times explaining it, that they have removed wrong drive with data on it and the damaged drive still stays untouched.

Yesterday they again took the server down & replied that the bad drive has been replaced; but i can still see the bad drive & nothing has changed.

So now i need to wait a week more for them to intervene & god knows will they be able to fix it that time.

Its really absurd, anyone who needs even a half baked support should stay away from ovh. They cant even fix their hardware properly. I guess they are happy with their seedbox clients.

If anyone from ovh staff wants to check Incident ticket 542481