OVH Community, your new community space.

Fantastic Backup Plugin

BigMAC
23-11-2010, 16:23
Quote Originally Posted by iUnknown
I use this script on all my cPanel servers (have been for a long time now). It's really excellent, but I can still see some improvements that can be made. If customers could restore their accounts, that would be a great improvement. They also need to do some work on the account termination system (how it deals with backups after accounts are terminated on the server).

The actual main functionality never lets us down.

*UPDATE* Since writing my review the plugin has let me down once.

I tried to use the "Full Restore" option within "Restore A Backup" and it automaticly terminated the account from WHM plus terminated the backup from the backup server like it does anyway upon terminating an account, however I wasnt very happy, I believe this is a "bug" of sort. So do not use the "Full Restore" feature

Am not the only one that this has happened to: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...34&postcount=9

I dont like the instant backup removal upon termination either.

I believe their going to address this in their next release, So i have been told by them.

Although its a very good script for the price and everything works perfect apart from "full restore"

I suppose you get what you pay for

Cant wait to move over to R1Soft

Cheers

iUnknown
31-10-2010, 21:16
I use this script on all my cPanel servers (have been for a long time now). It's really excellent, but I can still see some improvements that can be made. If customers could restore their accounts, that would be a great improvement. They also need to do some work on the account termination system (how it deals with backups after accounts are terminated on the server).

The actual main functionality never lets us down.

BigMAC
25-09-2010, 14:18
Hi, I have used CPremote for a number of months now and would like to share it with you all.

This is a good plugin for cpanel/whm which everyone should be using to be honest, Its being targetted towards a competitor of R1Soft but without the price tag...

I have pretty much used this script/plugin since its release and its never let me down.

The latest verison also includes a nice restore funcation which works wonderful.

3 Options of restore, Full, Public_Html, Email

It also uses Rsync over ssh without tarballing so no high server loads during backing up.

http://cpremote.net/

Cheers,