OVH Community, your new community space.

What does OVH's support policy cover?

AdamD
03-10-2010, 15:01
Thanks all for the feedback.

turbanator
03-10-2010, 02:24
Quote Originally Posted by glidewave
Pretty much, but I think it's vats of wine. If your server (even the 4th one experiencing the same thing, over and over) you'll get the typical "Software Diagnosis" cookie cutter reply. Now on the 4th box that dies randomly with the exact same fault. I'm at the point where I don't bother wasting my time with tickets for server specific issues unless it's a direct hardware failure; you can easily waste a week of your life going back and forth with no tangible result.
Amen lol neither do I..OVH support is non existent but that is what you get for the money you pay..as long as its running fine its worth every penny of urs..once u get the problem good luck cud take weeks a month may be more.

glidewave
02-10-2010, 09:44
Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
champagne?
Pretty much, but I think it's vats of wine. If your server (even the 4th one experiencing the same thing, over and over) you'll get the typical "Software Diagnosis" cookie cutter reply. Now on the 4th box that dies randomly with the exact same fault. I'm at the point where I don't bother wasting my time with tickets for server specific issues unless it's a direct hardware failure; you can easily waste a week of your life going back and forth with no tangible result.

turbanator
02-10-2010, 06:13
So, what does OVH's support actually cover?
champagne?

Razakel
01-10-2010, 16:37
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
If the server stops pinging then the request goes straight to the datacentre, which means someone will check the server normally within 1 hour, if the server comes back online by itself then the ticket will not be looked at because it will be closed. and the intervention request to the datacentre as well be cancelled.

This maybe what happened to you, but if the server fails overnight, it will be looked at overnight.
Ah, didn't know that, that is a good idea. The only automatic tickets that were opened for me were for small amounts of downtime, which were mostly my own stupidity.

Neil
01-10-2010, 16:18
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
If you have monitoring enabled and your machine stops responding to pings, it automatically creates a ticket, but it probably won't be read by the time you wake up.
If the server stops pinging then the request goes straight to the datacentre, which means someone will check the server normally within 1 hour, if the server comes back online by itself then the ticket will not be looked at because it will be closed. and the intervention request to the datacentre as well be cancelled.

This maybe what happened to you, but if the server fails overnight, it will be looked at overnight.

Razakel
01-10-2010, 15:56
Quote Originally Posted by AdamD
If my server breaks down overnight for instance, do OVH automatically fix it?
If you have monitoring enabled and your machine stops responding to pings, it automatically creates a ticket, but it probably won't be read by the time you wake up.

HandsomeChap
01-10-2010, 10:07
Even outside these times support is still there on tickets, just so long as your fault is obvious. You may also have to patiently jump through hoops which can add several hours and exchanges in frenglish which you should carefully read to ensure you understand their meanings.

Also don't guarantee they will read your tickets carefully, last problem I had a dead drive, I phoned UK support and said its in raid10 so it could wait until the next day so I would have time to inform clients of downtime, they said yes you can schedule time for drive change no problem, just add info in the ticket.

So I very carefully specified that I wanted the drive swapped the next night (I put a date so no confusion could be had) any time between 2-6, next day I get up, message ignored, drive already swapped, customers emailing about unscheduled downtime, communication fail.

If you really want uber support, instant responses, people falling over to help you, OVH isn't it as they will freely tell you, but then again that support would probably double the server pricing of ovh if not more, so you should make a decision of whether you can live with it or not. Personally I can live with it.

fozl
01-10-2010, 09:51
Quote Originally Posted by AdamD
Ah, so they don't support during weekends? What about after 5pm on weekdays?
Yes we support after 5pm, up to 6pm.

HandsomeChap
30-09-2010, 23:06
there is still support just no UK support

AdamD
30-09-2010, 22:34
Ah, so they don't support during weekends? What about after 5pm on weekdays?

HandsomeChap
30-09-2010, 22:32
Depends how it breaks down, and whether you can prove it. For example, if your server crashes intermittantly due to some sort of unknown problem, maybe a motherboard issue or PSU, which only appears sometimes, etc, then you may have great difficulty getting much done about it quickly., If however, something simpler like a drive dies, and you can show the drive is clearly dead, its happened to me and the output of tw_cli (3ware hard raid card software) showing the drive dead was enough for them to swap it within a few hours.

The problem comes more when you need to speak to someone, if its within office hours then your ok (hopefully) if its friday night, your going to have a long hard wait until monday morning.

AdamD
30-09-2010, 22:23
I've seen a few scary posts in here regarding people waiting upto 60 hours, for a reply to a ticket. (Which seems strange, given the SLA times they quote on the website)

So, what does OVH's support actually cover?

If my server breaks down overnight for instance, do OVH automatically fix it?