OVH Community, your new community space.

CDN internal alpha tests

ClausP
14-12-2010, 10:06
Your CDN plans sounds great, but what I really would like would be a hosted reverse-proxy solution for instance based on Varnish.

We have 10 language versions of our website, running on 10 different domains.
They are all hosted on the same server facility.

For SEO reasons, we would really like to host them on separate local ip's, but our system is very dependant on the database - which makes it really hard to make a de-centralized hosting solution.

We could either host both the application and the database on 10 separate locations and synchronize all the databases constantly, which would be a very time consuming and expensive solution - or we could cheat and only host a reverse proxy in each country, which loads the websites from the central hosting location and caches it for a while. Combined with hosting of static content, like images, on a CDN's like Amazon cloudfront, I think we would have a good solution.

But I need a hosting provider that operates in all the countries, and can manage the reverse proxy for us. Performance and uptime are very important for us.

Kind regards
Claus

impstimp
04-10-2010, 19:33
Yes, not bothered about Asia, but the US would be nice.

MicroChip123
04-10-2010, 13:42
I would like USA.

Also what about HTTP referrer blocking (white list) if you do add it also have the option for a empty HTTP referrer.

Myatu
04-10-2010, 13:11
Anxious for Singapore and Japan...!

As for the Set-Cookie tidbit, it's frenglish but I think I get the gist of it. Will it support Set-Cookie on 302's though? That's a very important bit, as many do not though it is used extensively (WordPress being one).

zydron
04-10-2010, 12:58
same here

impstimp
04-10-2010, 11:38
looking forward to this

Neil
04-10-2010, 11:36
Hello,

Does the NLC may be interesting for "my site"?

Consider a Japanese site hosted in Japan. For example http://www.ntt.com You can visit it and see just what happens in terms of speed. Think back to the pages you've already seen.

We will simulate the NDC site at OVH. To do this have to lie and force the DNS redirection www.ntt.com to IP NSC. This can be done with the file "hosts" directly through the ip site.

Linux
# Echo "91.121.215.102 www.ntt.com ntt.com">> / etc / hosts

Windows
Edit
c: \ windows \ i386 \ hosts
and add
-----
91.121.215.102 www.ntt.com ntt.com
-----
Empty the cache and restart your browser (for cutting keep-alive connections).

You can now repeat the visit and see difference. The visit is faster if there is a lot visitors to the site as the first query is slow then the following quick as hidden.

What have we proven? That the use of cache close to the visitor faster (seriously) consultation site. In the case of ntt.com load time is divided by 10 ... at least 10 ...

PS. at the end of the test list to remove the "hosts"

If your website is your visitor to Europe and Japan it has the same effect. With the (future) on each CDN continent, the NSC is close to the visitor. The first visit is "normal / slow" and the following very fast, as if the site was hosted directly at 5 over the world. We see this acceleration www.ntt.com with the hosts ...

I think there will still two weeks to confirm infrastructure then we will move to deployment in Europe, USA, Singapore, Japan and Brazil may be.
It is believed that the service could begin late in Europe month and we should make the rest to the end of the year. It's a matter of peering
to negotiate in North America / South Asia ...

The limits of the system:
the URL that sends the "Set-Cookie" are not hidden.
Normal ... If you put "Set-Cookie" on index.html
All queries will be slow index.html. It
better to make a (small) URL next to "Set-Cookie"
and to call as an image per page
"Index.html" (and all others).

Regards
Octave