OVH Community, your new community space.

Best partition layout for the MG Hybrid?

yonatan
07-10-2010, 16:04
Quote Originally Posted by AdamD
Ah ok thanks
Regarding the Sata drives, are they raid'able? I remember reading that only the SSD drives are?

you will have to do it manually, nothing automated there sorry... ( and keep the cpanel directory structure and permissions on your new partition ).

I have done it many times, and its a bulletproof setup :-)

AdamD
07-10-2010, 16:02
Ah ok thanks
Regarding the Sata drives, are they raid'able? I remember reading that only the SSD drives are?

yonatan
07-10-2010, 15:58
let the ssd handle the OS / sql etc... and the storage on the sata drives will be great , as they wont be used for anything else but serving little .html and .php files ..

AdamD
07-10-2010, 15:56
Hmm interesting, I would've thought using the SSD's for the home directory, given the access speeds for SSD drives.

yonatan
07-10-2010, 15:55
I suggest
ssd: raid1
/
/var
/usr
/tmp

sata raid 1

/home

AdamD
07-10-2010, 15:31
Hi all,

I'm after some advice on the best possible layout of the harddrives and ssd drives on the MG Hybrid.

I have 2X 80gb SSD drives and 2X 750gb Sata drives.

I'm using the site to host forums and other assorted gaming websites

What partition system would you recommend?

I'm thinking of repartitioning the SSD's so they're in raid 1, but I'm unsure of the best way to partition it (I'll be using WHM/Cpanel)

And what should I use the two harddrives for? At the moment, one is used for Cpanel/Database backups, but the other remains unused at the moment.