OVH Community, your new community space.

Transferring RIPE IP's between servers

DigitalDaz
11-10-2010, 13:41
Thanks for your help!

marks
11-10-2010, 13:17
We're looking into it. We'll get back to you very soon. It seems to be a bug on your manager that doesn't a let you assign it, but I'll get it check with a developer to be sure.

Razakel
10-10-2010, 15:15
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Thanks,

That clears a few things up.

Looks like my order has definitely messed up then. If I highlight "Reserve a block of RIPE IP Failover" then it says "this option is not active /available on your service"

Dear Customer,

You've subscribed to our Ip FailOver RIPE offer available for server ks312816.kimsufi.com. We kindly inform that this service is now available.

I'm sure it will be fixed tomorrow.
Give it a try using SOAP?

DigitalDaz
10-10-2010, 14:52
Thanks,

That clears a few things up.

Looks like my order has definitely messed up then. If I highlight "Reserve a block of RIPE IP Failover" then it says "this option is not active /available on your service"

Dear Customer,

You've subscribed to our Ip FailOver RIPE offer available for server ks312816.kimsufi.com. We kindly inform that this service is now available.

I'm sure it will be fixed tomorrow.

Razakel
10-10-2010, 14:39
Are you able to transfer the ownership of ripe ip blocks between servers.
You can either get pro usage on the target server and transfer the block, or split the block and move the resulting failover IPs over.

It looks like it has worked but I'm worried that they are not fully detached from the server.
IPs are attached to an individual server. It's just the RIPE block object that stays attached to the old one, not the IPs.

Because of it being a weekend I also ordered another block for the new server. I have received the invoice but I can find no trace at all of this second block anywhere.
You have to create the block after ordering it. Click "Reserve a block of RIPE IP Failover"?

Also, I can't make sense of this:

"You want to reserve new IP block from RIPE? However, your offer does not have any more places available. You can order additional IP's below by selecting the desired number and length desired, then click the button "Next step" to finalise the order."

What does the "However, your offer does not have any more places available" mean?
You don't have to assign all the RIPE IPs you order. You can order, say, 64 IPs, and assign 16 blocks of 4 seperately. I think that message just means you don't have any unassigned RIPE IPs, or it's just badly written and shouldn't be there.

DigitalDaz
10-10-2010, 12:47
Are you able to transfer the ownership of ripe ip blocks between servers.

It looks like it has worked but I'm worried that they are not fully detached from the server.

Because of it being a weekend I also ordered another block for the new server. I have received the invoice but I can find no trace at all of this second block anywhere.

Also, I can't make sense of this:

"You want to reserve new IP block from RIPE? However, your offer does not have any more places available. You can order additional IP's below by selecting the desired number and length desired, then click the button "Next step" to finalise the order."

What does the "However, your offer does not have any more places available" mean?