OVH Community, your new community space.

Encryption services

zydron
11-10-2010, 10:51
Well OVH is cheaper then most SSL providers

OVH standard - 10 euro
next competitor with same SSL cert - 30 euro

So I think wildcard and EV will also cheaper then "normal" verisign and tawte pricing (which are overpriced, imho).

To the question, if OVH provides a "SSL Tunnel" it would be a great service for clients who want SSL but don't have the technical knowledge to do it.
To give an answer for my self, I like to stuck on the manual way of doing it, not that I don't trust OVH, but for me it is an easy procedure to undertake

Razakel
10-10-2010, 14:54
Hello,
OVH offers SSL certificates and would like to propose
as the wildcard and EV. But we would like to propose
This service is more simple and affordable
for customers. Basically, SSL is complicated,
long and technical. When we reflect on another
form that the service could be offered. It is at
say that today (OVH or elsewhere), you
must provide certain documents (or not for class1)
then you receive the certificates you must install
yourself on the servers. To you on your own.
There arises a lot of very technical questions.

We reflect on a turnkey service where you
not configure the service. OVH is a direct
on encryption infrastructure that works
hardware. These housing SSL accelerators
make high-speed encryption. We see two
Direct benefits: you have nothing to configure
puisqu'Ovh care of everything and you gain
very important performance (encryption / decryption
takes about 6ms instead of 2 ms for a query
unencrypted, latency comes primarily from client.

The question that arises: if OVH provides this service
where you have nothing to do, what it is you
interested in having access to the files of "key"
"Cert" and "chain" of certificates or is your
unnecessary because "the OVH manages all that and the rest
not my problem "?

Regards
Octave
Will be interesting to see what sort of pricing OVH has in mind for EV and wildcard certs... SSL prices are usually ridiculous.

oles@ovh.net
10-10-2010, 14:46
Hello,

OVH offers SSL certificates and would also like to propose the wildcard and EV. But we'd like to offer this service as more simple and affordable for customers. Basically, SSL is complicated, long and technical. We are reflecting on another form that the service could be offered. Today (at OVH or elsewhere), you must provide certain documents (or not for class1) before receiving the certificates you must install yourself on the servers. You need to manage it on your own. There arises a lot of very technical questions.

We're considering a turnkey service where you don't need to configure the service. OVH has direct encryption infrastructure that works on hardware. These SSL accelerator cases make high-speed encryption. We see two direct benefits: you have nothing to configure as OVH takes care of everything and you gain in very important performance (encryption / decryption takes about 6ms instead of 2 ms for an unencrypted query), the latency comes primarily from the client.

The question arises: if OVH provides this service where you have nothing to do, would you be interested in having access to the files of "key", "cert" and "chain" of the certificates, or would that be unnecessary because "OVH manages all that and the rest is not my problem"?

Regards
Octave