OVH Community, your new community space.

problems in the cloud

fozl
19-10-2010, 11:16
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Same deal. Restarted browser, cleared disk cache... HTTP is fine (SSL is not).

The secure link is not actually for customers, so that's ok.

makno
16-10-2010, 14:52
yeah in the end i managed to connect last night but still won't get me in unless i use username ovh, seems it can't start the x session with different usernames even if i created one and added it to the sudoers :\

Myatu
15-10-2010, 19:54
Well, can't say the x2go client is a thing of beauty, but it does work...

The thing for me was that I had to start Xming Server first (it refused to start this automatically from within x2go).

Once that was running, I simply entered the IP, used "root" as username, selected the "filename.pem" generated by the cloud manager and finally selected "Gnome" as the remote desktop. After confirming the remote ID string, I was in (though I did get an error about some ".pub" key missing, but I could safely ignore it).

Hope this'll work for you too (starting Xming first that is).

Myatu
15-10-2010, 19:13
I've never used the x2go client, but I'll give it a try now and let you know... I want to have a remote Ubuntu desktop anyway

makno
15-10-2010, 18:30
thanks Myatu as usual you're the solution man!

i've managed to get in with putty as root and created a new user but still no luck with x2go

Myatu
15-10-2010, 18:17
Quote Originally Posted by makno
Using putty on the other hand, i create a putty key in the manager, load the key and upon login with username ovh i get the message: server refused our key and i'm prompted to enter the password.
I use the following with Putty:

PuttyGen -> Conversions -> Import Key -> ( "filename.pem" ) -> Save Private Key ( "filename.ppk" ). Use "root" as username.

Double check that the correct IP address is used, as this changes if you start/stop the cloud server (it'll remain on a reboot though).

MicroChip123
15-10-2010, 18:15
The SSL Cert. is also broken.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is not valid for any server names.
The certificate expired on 11/01/2007 05:34 PM.

Myatu
15-10-2010, 18:12
Quote Originally Posted by fozl
try link again...

fozl
15-10-2010, 18:04
Oh??

try link again...

makno
15-10-2010, 18:03
so it wasn't my problem: good.

still i can't manage to connect in any way to the cloud i create. I download the rsa key and use it in x2go as explained in the guide, after adding the host to the trusted list it says that it cant connect.

Using putty on the other hand, i create a putty key in the manager, load the key and upon login with username ovh i get the message: server refused our key and i'm prompted to enter the password.

Any help on this one?

Myatu
15-10-2010, 18:01
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

A bit more information here, https://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=661

Neil

Oh??

Neil
15-10-2010, 15:53
Hi

A bit more information here, http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=661

Neil

Neil
15-10-2010, 10:07
Hi

Have you subscribed to the cloud-subscribe@ml.ovh.net mailing list? If have not then subscribe and send an email, put your minicloud address and explain the error you get.

makno
14-10-2010, 19:22
Is anyone else experiencing problem in creating a new cloud?

It keeps coming up with an error message after i hit the create button saying internal error so i assume it's not me