OVH Community, your new community space.

Moving IP-block to NEW server

adrovek
21-10-2010, 12:20
I know, but they are slowpokes, so i've tryed with UK forum :P

fozl
21-10-2010, 12:13
Quote Originally Posted by adrovek
I we moved all IP's, but what about unused IP's, can i move those aswell, so i can use them in future?

Also there was some BUG, there are many duplicate records inside =>
Dedicated servers > Services > RIPE IP FailOver

Can you check that Neil => server ns213321.ovh.net

Thanks
adrovek, this is a ovh.de server, you must contact ovh support in Germany for this:

http://www.ovh.de/support/kommerzielle_fragen.xml
http://forum.ovh.de/

adrovek
21-10-2010, 12:03
I we moved all IP's, but what about unused IP's, can i move those aswell, so i can use them in future?

Also there was some BUG, there are many duplicate records inside =>
Dedicated servers > Services > RIPE IP FailOver

Thanks

Neil
21-10-2010, 09:34
Quote Originally Posted by adrovek
I've moved IP's (rerouted them), is this FREE and when will IP's start work as it's annoying to have such big downtime because of that.
Its free as long as you have either the slots available or the professional usage on your server. The IP's are moved within a few seconds, although you need to make sure they are configured on your ready to go.

adrovek
21-10-2010, 04:20
I've moved IP's (rerouted them), is this FREE and when will IP's start work as it's annoying to have such big downtime because of that.

yonatan
20-10-2010, 15:06
works fine for me ,
sometimes moving it back and forward again might do it correctly...

In general, if you have attached the IP to your server and you cant reach it , first check your settings again.
if you are sure they are correct, open a ticket and ask OVH to look at the switch ACL.

DigitalDaz
20-10-2010, 09:37
Good luck with it, you can simply move it in the manager. On paper it should be straight forward.

Whether it contibuted to my problems with RIPE IP blocks I don't know, what I do know is, is that I have had this server two weeks now and RIPE IP's are still broken.

Moving a block of RIPE IP's from another server was the first thing I did.

fozl
20-10-2010, 09:34
Hi adrovek,

You can do this via the Manager. Log in, click on the server and then Services > IP Failover > Switch IP fail-over to another server to proceed. You'll need the other server to have the Pro option as well.

Thelen
20-10-2010, 07:48
I don't know the exact way, but you can indeed do it. I think it just involves removing the 256 or whatever from the old and assigning it to the new. You might have to make a ticket for them to do it otherwise I think manually will take a while lol.

adrovek
20-10-2010, 02:08
Hello,

I have two server with OVH, one smaller server from before and NEW monster server. Both servers have PRO option etc.

SERVER A (old server) has IP block of 256 IP's

1. Can I move this BLOCK to SERVER B (new server)?

2. How can I do it?

3. Do I have to update any DNS records?

4. Is there any "propagation" waiting time or the IP will work instantly after I move them?

Thanks for all the help and answers in advance!