OVH Community, your new community space.

MiniCloud Windows

Neil
04-02-2011, 15:06
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Thank you Neil.

Is this only in French? No english version?

I'm after a cheap server for University, but don't wish to pay a setup fee. I won't need it for 12 months so I wouldn't need to pay for it annually.

Regards
Christian
Its still in Beta so no release date yet, and is available monthly as well, currently the plan is to pay a setup fee if you want SMTP.

So hopefully this will be something that meets your needs.

cartwright118
04-02-2011, 13:28
Thank you Neil.

Is this only in French? No english version?

I'm after a cheap server for University, but don't wish to pay a setup fee. I won't need it for 12 months so I wouldn't need to pay for it annually.

Regards
Christian

Neil
04-02-2011, 12:16
Hi

I am afraid no news on it, however we plan to offer Windows on our new VPS, see http://www.ovh.com/fr/vps/index.xml - Starting at £15 a month.

cartwright118
31-01-2011, 16:56
Hi guys,

Is there anymore updates on this?

Thank you
Christian

elvis1
01-12-2010, 03:24
2 things. linux cloud has way too small hdd but network performance oscillates way too much.

second thing: a windows version would rock .

what is the theorical max transfer we could see in a cloud box? I have not pushed it to it s max as the hdd did not help and the application I use either

fozl
22-11-2010, 16:17
No timescale yet I' afraid.

cartwright118
22-11-2010, 16:14
Hellooo,

Could anyone let me know if there are any more updates on this? Whether there is yet a time scale for it being available? Preprod or normal mode?

Thank you

Regards
Christian

Neil
25-10-2010, 11:05
Hi

Both have been removed for now due to performance issues, we cannot give a date of when they will be back.

But best to keep an on here, https://preprod.labs.ovh.com/managerv5 - this is where VM's development are located.

zydron
24-10-2010, 11:50
Exchange also vanished from preprod version

So I believe there are some problems with it.
In my experience it was only slow, but it does work

to OVH: if your cloud platform works with VMWare, please install VMWare tools.
It gives you a huge performance boost!

cartwright118
23-10-2010, 19:43
Hello guys,

Does anyone know when windows will be available again on the minicloud?

It says it the MC homepage that Windows is available, but when you come to order...it doesnt list it.

Thank you.
Christian