OVH Community, your new community space.

Virtual macs and SLA

Neil
01-11-2010, 11:22
Hi

It is true that Virtual Macs are not covered by SLA because they are not Level 1 Incidents (Level 1 Incidents is when your server goes down and fails to respond to pings).

But it will go on our feedback to see if this could be added to our SLA.

DigitalDaz
31-10-2010, 13:37
Quote Originally Posted by aozm48
I've raised this before on a support ticket, when it took several days to resolve an issue, and was told that virtual macs are not covered under SLA.
If this is true then this should be made very clear. Certainly, within these forums, virtual macs are promoted as the way to go for virtualisation. It doesn't matter a toss what strategies we put in place ourselves to cover failure if a key part of our infrastructure, ie the vmacs are not covered in the OVH SLA.

aozm48
31-10-2010, 11:03
I've raised this before on a support ticket, when it took several days to resolve an issue, and was told that virtual macs are not covered under SLA.

DigitalDaz
31-10-2010, 10:47
Can one of the OVH staff please clarify whether virtual macs are covered within the SLA agreements?

I think this is an important issue because if they are not then we virtualisation users need to be using alternatives like proxy arp so that we can remain within an infrastructure that is covered by an SLA.