OVH Community, your new community space.

Network congestion again?

Myatu
06-12-2010, 19:18
Andy., ask those users to do a traceroute. Quite some time ago now, there were Virgin Media <--> OVH routing issues, perhaps something similar is going on now...

Andy.
06-12-2010, 04:55
Typical example of the type of complaint we're receiving more of this last couple of weeks:

"I have recently been getting extremely slow ftp transfer speeds. I am using a 10mbit connection at my home, and when first using the service I was getting on average between 500 and 600 KB/s. in the past few days I have only been getting between 10 and 50 KB/s. is there something that might have changed that would be slowing this down so much?"

Andy.
03-12-2010, 18:52
Same thing here.
Some of our customers who have been with us for months are suddenly complaining about speeds dropping from 400kbps to 60kbps when connecting to their servers.

Sometimes this can be down to a legitimate routing issue, but these normally clear themselves after a day or 2.

Not this time.

Some of these customers are connecting from EUROPE!

I've got one customer chasing us for a resolution to his low speeds for the last 3 weeks.
He just renewed for another month based on our past relationship but has already told us that if speeds don't return he will not renew again which forces us to consider relocating him to another data centre where the issue doesn't occur.

So as customers move away from OVH servers they become unsustainable for us so we have to move the remaining customers then give up the server.

We've already given up 5 OVH servers this last month due to this.

Morfi717
12-11-2010, 18:36
When this maintanence will finish?

For christ sake it's almost 2 weeks since this started and still I don't see end of this problem.

All the time new tickets are appearing @ status.ovh.co.uk but it doesn't help me anyhow nor making feel better...

kazakore
11-11-2010, 18:16
I can tell you that it being impossible to even attempt an upload for the last couple of weeks (first I had tried in ages) has had me wanting to be very violent to people lately. This really is not good enough service! I wish it was just slow speeds, rather than zero upload at all and disconnections. I can browse through all my directories with FTP, delete files and folders if I wish, but if I try and add anything new I have no chance

Morfi717
07-11-2010, 15:43
Load is over 85% at most times, I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible..

Thelen
07-11-2010, 07:04
Yeaaaaa, we know about the low priority and such, but we've had a 5-10fold drop in speed, suggestion something major is wrong.

We do have complaints from people on metered normal priority as well but due to having less of them clearly it will be less. But definitely they are experiencing the same problem.

Neil
06-11-2010, 17:59
Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
Interesting as well looks like the links to AMSIX are pretty much saturated >_<
Hi, the reason Amsterdam has a higher load right now is because of http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=764 - this causing traffic to be routed via Amsterdam.

Regarding poor FTP Speeds, if they are unmetered and it does go outside our peering network then as you know the speeds will be poor. You may also want to look at http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=690 - this may affect some of your users as well.

Thelen
06-11-2010, 13:30
Interesting as well looks like the links to AMSIX are pretty much saturated >_<

Thelen
06-11-2010, 12:07
So over the last 2 days a craptonneload of people have been complaining about poor FTP speeds again. Now, these aren't new customers or anything, they are people who got good speeds a week ago but not now.

I haven't come across anyone else with this issue, and since the majority of these complaints are coming from people on SP unmetered series, perhaps there is just a change in the low-priority thing or something?

Alternatively, is BGP not routing via the new PA link?