OVH Community, your new community space.

Transferring .com in to OVH

Chris
11-11-2010, 10:24
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
So you will now receive an email to the email address listed on the domain name (sometimes there are two email addresses), best to confirm these if you want to make sure the transfer goes through.
Quote Originally Posted by zydron
from what I read, is he past that step, next step is waiting 5 days for launching it by verisign (takes 5 days though -_-')
Yeah, the email I now received tells me to wait five days for the transfer to proceed. It was actually pretty painless...so far.

Thanks guys.

zydron
10-11-2010, 18:05
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
So you will now receive an email to the email address listed on the domain name (sometimes there are two email addresses), best to confirm these if you want to make sure the transfer goes through.
from what I read, is he past that step, next step is waiting 5 days for launching it by verisign (takes 5 days though -_-')

Neil
10-11-2010, 14:31
Quote Originally Posted by Chris
Yup, entered the code and the domain is unlocked.

Just waiting on "Transfer launch from the registry".

Cheers pal.

Chris
10-11-2010, 12:42
Quote Originally Posted by zydron
You need to request the auth code, further you must unlock your domain

and after you have entered the aproval form, you need to wait 5 days
Yup, entered the code and the domain is unlocked.

Just waiting on "Transfer launch from the registry".

Cheers pal.

zydron
08-11-2010, 21:31
You need to request the auth code, further you must unlock your domain

and after you have entered the aproval form, you need to wait 5 days

Chris
08-11-2010, 20:16
I'm transferring a domain from Krystal over to OVH.

I checked Krystal's website for information on transferring out and read the following:

1. Initiate a transfer from your new registrar (the international domain transfer mechanism is a pull, not push, system)
  2. You will get two emails, the first from your new registrar requesting confirmation.
  3. We will send you an email, checking that you really really want to leave, are you sure? it's not too late, come back to Krystal!
  4. The domain transfer will be handled automatically after that, it is up to your new host to configure your domain name to work with your hosting.
So I just went through the transfer process on OVH and paid the fee. I opted to provide the auth code later as Krystal's website mentioned nothing of it. OVH emailed me to confirm that payment has been completed and I'm now wondering what happens next, as I have never transferred a domain either out or in from/to any company. I checked the help guide at OVH and see a list of transfer status codes but there seems to be no way of checking these in the manager. The domain isn't listed as an on going operation...seems to be no reference to it at all. The email in the WhoIs is correct at both ends.

Is it now a simple case of waiting? Or are there further steps I need to take to get it moving?

EDIT: Received an email from OVH to confirm the transfer, which asks for the AUTH code. I wonder if Krystal will send this automatically or whether I need to request it...