OVH Community, your new community space.

i just upgrade to ubuntu 10.4.1

bigman
18-11-2010, 15:56
ok thanks fozl i will give all this a look to see if it helps me i am also trying to find out is there anyway of upgrading to ubuntu 9.4 or 9.10 or i could only upgrade to 10.4 caues that one is not working for me i cant log back on to the server with NX after doing the upgrade and the server goes into rescue mode pro

Ebit :
i just replace the file for kernels from here ftp://ftp.ovh.net/made-in-ovh/bzImage to the boot folder i only found one file to replace the bzImage file but i cant find the System.map do i need to replace both or just one is good ? also for the netboot how am i supposed to know which kernel one to use there is like 4 different to choose from for the 2.6.34.6

fozl
18-11-2010, 10:50
Have a read of this: http://help.ovh.co.uk/RescueMode, specifically the bit titled "Rescue in SSH".

See what kernel you have on the hard disk now on your /boot directory. Then in the Manager select the Netboot kernel that matches it.

More info on kernels here:
http://help.ovh.co.uk/KernelInstall

bigman
17-11-2010, 18:17
well i just change it from pro rescue mode to hd in the netboot and did a hard reboot i help this help i dont know if this is what you were telling me to do with netboot kernel and rebooting

Edit :
no this did not work am still not able to logon to the server useing NX or logon useing putty

Edit : and looks like it went back into rescue pro mode what to do now

Neil
17-11-2010, 17:53
Hi

You can do this in the OVH Manager, under server, then services and netboot.

Then do a reboot.

These kernels are not stored on server and are loaded from outside, great if you break your kernel or boot loader.

bigman
17-11-2010, 17:11
hi Neil thanks for the reply how do i do this changing the netboot kernel and also what this for

Neil
17-11-2010, 16:50
Quote Originally Posted by bigman
hi i just upgrade it the server from ubuntu desktop 8.4 to the new ubuntu 10.4.1 with the server update manager and now i cant logon to the server with putty or NX the server is in rescue mode dont know why or what to do need help please
Hi

It is most likely because of the kernel not being compatible, try changing it to a netboot kernel and rebooting.

bigman
17-11-2010, 16:25
hi i just upgrade it the server from ubuntu desktop 8.4 to the new ubuntu 10.4.1 with the server update manager and now i cant logon to the server with putty or NX the server is in rescue mode dont know why or what to do need help please