OVH Community, your new community space.

Would be Nice if ovh had free set up for the first week of Jan.

LawsHosting
05-01-2011, 09:40
Slightly off topic.

We are always getting "are there any special deals happening" etc, when we say no, nine times out of ten we lose a potential customer. Specially around Christmas time.

Goes to show everyone is after to pay peanuts, whatever the business is.

RapidSpeeds
05-01-2011, 02:59
Quote Originally Posted by mgv
Agreed m8 done over and over again just like to keep reminding them now and again lol
who knows.. maybe one day it will sink in lol

mgv
04-01-2011, 21:16
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
This discussion has been done - they know no one likes the setup fees, but you have to admit it's a sure way to reduce turnover.
Agreed m8 done over and over again just like to keep reminding them now and again lol

jonlewi5
04-01-2011, 17:25
yeah iv contemplated grabbin gan RPS again for a few little projects i had, but again the 50 quid setup changed that.

I do think it would be nice if loyal customers got at least some sort of discount, i mean i wouldnt object to say a contract of sort to be honest.

NickW
04-01-2011, 17:22
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
This discussion has been done - they know no one likes the setup fees, but you have to admit it's a sure way to reduce turnover.
Yeah, less orders = less turnover :P.

RapidSpeeds
04-01-2011, 17:06

mgv
04-01-2011, 10:23
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Surely setup fees for customers who have been with OVH for longer than 12 months can be removed or at least discounted? Especially on the lower end servers where 3 months for the server doesn't even meet the setup price!
Agreed we know we like to bang on about the setup fees and you have them in place to try and cut down on scammers etc but for us loyal customers surely there should be some scheme in place if you have so many servers or simply just that you are a loyal customer the dreaded setup fees are reduced in some form or another.

_Lemon_
03-01-2011, 16:59
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Or even use our loyalty points towards the fee?
You can, but each order can only have one type of payment (e.g. card, bank transfer, loyalty points, etc) so you need to have enough loyalty points.

The way to get around this would be to top up your loyalty points to match the server's asking price. You can do this by logging into the manager and going to Administration (at the bottom), Loyalty Scheme, Credit your account, then following the on-screen instructions.

Remember, 1 loyalty point = 1 pence so dividing loyalty points by 100 will give you the value in pounds (and subsequently multiple pounds by 100 to get the loyalty points).

LawsHosting
03-01-2011, 14:36
Or even use our loyalty points towards the fee?

Andy
03-01-2011, 14:11
Surely setup fees for customers who have been with OVH for longer than 12 months can be removed or at least discounted? Especially on the lower end servers where 3 months for the server doesn't even meet the setup price!

marks
03-01-2011, 07:39
yes, it would, but I'm afraid that .... setup fees are here to stay

turbanator
01-01-2011, 05:25