OVH Community, your new community space.

MoMi for the iPhone and iPad

Razakel
19-08-2011, 03:14
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
The problem with SOAPI is that I have never managed to get it work, even with sample code. It would be far easier for OVH to supply a basic mobile site than for every person at OVH to develop their own scripts, which would need to be on a server that's working to run Do you see my point? If your server is down, your SOAPI web interface is too unless you hosted it somewhere else
The easiest way to get SOAPI working is to just compile PHP with the SOAP extension. Failing that http://pear.php.net/package/SOAP or http://sourceforge.net/projects/nusoap/ will do what you want.

Andy
18-08-2011, 13:10
Ah, very good Neil thanks. Is it possible have a link to this added on the manager site/login? Many people won't know about it and/or may forget the URL so a link to it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Neil
18-08-2011, 13:08
The problem with SOAPI is that I have never managed to get it work, even with sample code. It would be far easier for OVH to supply a basic mobile site than for every person at OVH to develop their own scripts, which would need to be on a server that's working to run Do you see my point? If your server is down, your SOAPI web interface is too unless you hosted it somewhere else
Well here is a very basic Mobile Version, http://www.ovh.com/managerv3/mobile/home.pl

I think it was made along time ago, but does give you reboot.

Neil

Andy
18-08-2011, 12:15

marks
18-08-2011, 11:45
Neil, how about instead of an app you make a mobile based site instead? That would cover many more platforms than an app alone, since I'm guessing you're not going to cover Palm or Blackberry as well (of which I now own a blackberry).
There have been no talks about implementing something like that I'm afraid. I'll pass on the suggestion

But in any case, that could be quite easy to implement using SOAPI, specially if it's only for a few functions.
You could create a website that runs any of the SOAPI functions really easily:

http://www.ovh.com/soapi/ie/

like reboot a server:

http://www.ovh.com/soapi/ie/?method=...edHardRebootDo

jonlewi5
18-08-2011, 10:07
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Work in progress

The first version is planned for mid-September
Thats great to hear!

Andy
17-08-2011, 16:37
S0phie, what about a web control panel? Has anything been agreed for that, even if it's basic functions such as reboot? That would be brilliant if it's possible.

S0phie
17-08-2011, 16:33
Quote Originally Posted by jazd
Where's the Android version???!!!
Work in progress

The first version is planned for mid-September

Myatu
05-08-2011, 18:14
+1 Andy

Andy
05-08-2011, 17:55
Neil, how about instead of an app you make a mobile based site instead? That would cover many more platforms than an app alone, since I'm guessing you're not going to cover Palm or Blackberry as well (of which I now own a blackberry).

Neil
05-08-2011, 11:06
Quote Originally Posted by mgv
Yep Android version please i have iphone version and love that but want it onmy Android aswell.

How much intrest do we need for it to go into Dev ?

cheers
MG
Once we have finished the iOS App we can then look at moving to other mobile platforms.

Edit: We will start soon on Android development.

mgv
04-08-2011, 23:36
Yep Android version please i have iphone version and love that but want it onmy Android aswell.

How much intrest do we need for it to go into Dev ?

cheers
MG

jazd
04-08-2011, 06:42
Where's the Android version???!!!

DigitalDaz
01-08-2011, 20:10
+1 on the Android app

Winit
29-07-2011, 21:41
@theatheist you jelly bro?

Myatu
29-07-2011, 16:31
Personally I don't understand why everything has to be an "app". What's wrong with a mobile Internet version, that doesn't tie in to a certain make/type of device? You need to have Internet access to use that app anyway...

theatheist
29-07-2011, 02:23
I DEMAND YOU DEVELOP A ANDROID VERSION NOW INSTEAD OF JUST THIS APPLE CRAP!!!!

Was that strong enough of a demand?

Seriously though, please please please dev a Android version.

Quote Originally Posted by Winit
AKA "I can't afford an iPhone".
lol, For most it has absolutely nothing to do with money. I can afford any device I wish but I personally would choose a Android device over iOS any day.

We are not all mindless sheep who follow good marketing. Some actually prefer to choose a device that you can make your own and not simply have a a boring row of icons.

PS. Its not that iPhones are too expensive, Its that they are overpriced for the hardware/OS you get.

Neil
03-03-2011, 16:00
No Android app being developed at the moment I am afraid, but if the demand grows strong enough we will look into it.

jonlewi5
27-02-2011, 12:18
haha i just have more sense than money

YouWhat
27-02-2011, 08:39
I personally dont want an iphone... I will stick with my n900 thanks, to me its a lot better

Winit
26-02-2011, 10:18
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
Or get a phone that better suits my needs (and that i can fiddle with more....)

jonlewi5
25-02-2011, 21:58
Get a popular phone.
Or get a phone that better suits my needs (and that i can fiddle with more....)

Myatu
25-02-2011, 20:26
Get a popular phone.
I don't fit in with the Starbucks hippies. So Nokia it is!

Winit
25-02-2011, 19:45
Get a popular phone.

jonlewi5
25-02-2011, 13:53
2.3 over here, well kinda, My own build of CM7 for desire HD

Andy
25-02-2011, 12:08
I'd like an android app too. Would be highly useful for me. Make sure it runs on 2.1 though

jonlewi5
25-02-2011, 11:25
Any chance of an android app neil?

Neil
25-02-2011, 10:36
Hi

Just to let you know Momi 1.2 is now available and is in English.

theatheist
11-01-2011, 03:15
Screw iphone, where is the Android or windmo app?

elvis1
06-01-2011, 15:14
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
hrmm, on the site it says > Langue : Anglais
1- your vps link in your website does not work
2- veportal sucks big time

RapidSpeeds
05-01-2011, 13:56
hrmm, on the site it says > Langue : Anglais

mgv
04-01-2011, 21:09
surprise surprise its all in french lol

Nice idea tho once all the manager is in it will there be other languages tho that is the question ?

oles@ovh.net
04-01-2011, 13:30
Hello,
After more than 6 months of development and thousands of refusals to publish by Apple the first OVH App is finally here

Instead of developing a complete application and then having to remove the items to be accepted by Apple we finally changed our strategy and we have released a minimalist app that will improve and expand every 10 days with new features. The idea is to remake MoM in Momi and therefore offer you everything that you already have in Manager v3 and MoM. Reboot the server, see the graphs of bandwidth, change the DNS of a domain name, see the logs of the site, change the No forwarding my phone number, see the fax, etc ...

Finally, now it's launched ...

Find out more:
http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/momi/id410337385?mt=8

MoMi uses SoAPI via SSL. Works on 3G or Wifi.
on the iPhone and iPad.

To find out more about SoAPĪ:
http://www.ovh.com/soapi/en/

All the best
Octave