OVH Community, your new community space.

New Contracts

zydron
09-01-2011, 19:42
The thing is, I know the type of users of my own sites, and those use the blog system for dumping images and videos (in style op the website btw)

so I think I need to consider about colocate my websites on my own server at Grafix or LeaseWeb (don't like the current dedicated server models here tbh)

Razakel
09-01-2011, 17:04
Quote Originally Posted by zydron
I was planning for shutting down the image site (don't like the site anymore)

but my blog system (and other type of websites which you can create with it, such as a marketplace), people can upload images and videos of the product (or for the blog post)

its not an image/video "host" like imageshack, photobucket and youtube

its not quite clear...
I imagine it's more targeted towards imageshack/rapidshare-type sites, i.e. file dumps. Best ask support for clarification.

zydron
09-01-2011, 03:20
I was planning for shutting down the image site (don't like the site anymore)

but my blog system (and other type of websites which you can create with it, such as a marketplace), people can upload images and videos of the product (or for the blog post)

its not an image/video "host" like imageshack, photobucket and youtube

its not quite clear...

Razakel
09-01-2011, 02:06
I run an image website on the shared hosting servers

and also run a blog system where my clients can create websites where their users can upload images and videos (encoded on dedicated servers, but stored on shared hosting)

Quote: we have updated the contract to prohibit a hosting platform for files on the shared machine

are those sites prohibited or are they allowed?

And when does I get the new traffic? currently I have still the traffic limited
when I renew the contract or before that?
http://www.ovh.co.uk/support/termsof...RED_SERVER.pdf

5.9 File hosting platforms are prohibited on shared hosting packages at OVH. This includes any site for storing, sharing, downloading and streaming. This prohibition applies to all types of files, for example: images, videos and music. OVH reserves the rights to suspend without notice any site used for this purpose and is hosted on a shared hosting package.
Looks like it's no longer allowed, unfortunately.

paul174
09-01-2011, 01:59

and also run a blog system where my clients can create websites where their users can upload images and videos (encoded on dedicated servers, but stored on shared hosting)

Quote: we have updated the contract to prohibit a hosting platform for files on the shared machine

I Also have Have same Question, Can we Have an Answer please

zydron
07-01-2011, 15:45

Neil
07-01-2011, 12:27
Quote Originally Posted by layman
Also, am I correct in understanding that if I have a hardware problem, and I state that it is a hardware problem, I will not be charged this 20eu and the hardware will get replaced?
Correct, this for people that open tickets saying 'My Server doesn't work please check' or 'My Server reboots, why?'

We only stop supporting your server if we do the work and then you don't pay, you only get charged if we do the work. If we cannot or do not want to, you do not get charged. Also, if its is OVH's fault you are not charged.

Generally these changes will not affect you since must customers create tickets for the right reason with the right details, it will reduce the number of pointless tickets means yours get solved more quickly.

layman
07-01-2011, 00:20
Opinion: taking away hardware maintenance and SLA obligation is pure crack because a customer did not agree with the solution to the problem, that means you can then do all kinds of nasty stuff to the person's bandwidth, hardware, etc and they cannot claim for OVH to replace the hardware or expect quality of service. Essentially OVH then provides hardware and service without any guarantee if it will work or that you will get what you paid for.

Also, am I correct in understanding that if I have a hardware problem, and I state that it is a hardware problem, I will not be charged this 20eu and the hardware will get replaced?

RapidSpeeds
06-01-2011, 22:07
I know, that's what I mean - we have another 20% to pay whilst CA/US/BR only have engineer time to pay for (on top of their no tax/vat servers), which isn't ovh's fault, but at the end of the day, it still costs less.

I would like to think I would never have to pay it, so I have nothing to worry about, but I'm just speaking from a customers perspective

Andy
06-01-2011, 21:45
You will pay VAT on top of that by the way. OVH always quote in prices that exclude VAT.

RapidSpeeds
06-01-2011, 21:34
That's a radical step, but I understand the amount of time consuming questions support get with customers claiming all sorts is broken.

... Excluding VAT, I like that one - we pay 20% and US/CA/BR laugh.

Winit
06-01-2011, 21:27
Bloody dodgy. I can see a ton of people getting screwed over.

Neil
06-01-2011, 18:51
Hello,

As you may have noticed, we updated our contracts on the 29th December 2010.

The amended contracts are:

General Terms and Conditions with the introduction of a new incident support, with diagnostics and troubleshooting (article) 6).

The incident support now has two missions:

- If you have a problem with your service and you do not know where to look or what to look for, you can create an incident ticket to request a diagnostic of your problem. This diagnostic will be charged at 20 ex VAT. If during the diagnostic OVH has solved the problem, you only have to pay 20 ex VAT. If the problem is not fixed, OVH provides you with a diagnostic quote to solve the problem. If you like it, you can accept it and OVH does the job. OVH can also provide an estimate only and in this case you do not have to pay for the diagnostic. If we figure out that we do not have the internal skills to do the job, and you will of course not be charged for the diagnostic.

- If you have a problem with the service and you think that it's OVH's fault, you can create an incident in the same way as that of the charged diagnostic. OVH performs the diagnostic and if the problem is really on the OVH side, all is covered by the service guarantee. Otherwise, we revert to the diagnostic principle and charge 20 ex VAT.

Payment.

Once the work is done, you have 30 days to pay the diagnostic invoice or estimate. If you do not agree with the diagnostic or with the work done and / or the proposed fix or diagnostic or estimate, in this case, you pay nothing and too bad for OVH. But then the contract changes: OVH does not provide support any more for this customer in the future. No commercial. Nor technical. Or incident. The customer has the right to use and renew services but they won't be able to use support or claim the SLA.

Special conditions for shared hosting:
OVH is now offering unlimited traffic on all shared hosting offers and therefore to prevent abuse, we have updated the contract to prohibit a hosting platform for files on the shared machine: Article 5.9 of Special conditions for website hosting services on a shared server.

Furthermore, we have also implemented a new system to alert our customers when the contract terms have been updated. All our customers are notified of the establishment of a new contract and its implementation within 30 days. A message appears when you log in to your Manager of the the contracts in question. You can accept them then or wait for these new contracts to come into force once the 30 days has expired.

Please be aware that any new subsequent orders are now subject to the new contract. For your information, you will find the new contract when you first login to your manager.

The new system aims to correct the problems encountered by some customers who could no longer access their manager after a contract was updated.Furthermore, we
wanted to provide our customers with greater visibility of changes to our contracts.

Regards

Octave