OVH Community, your new community space.

ProxMox 1.7, RIPE IP, VLAN HowTo

flosoft
06-08-2011, 17:47
Quote Originally Posted by Loic
Hello,

after a large number of hours trying to understand what was going on, I finally got my ProxMox 1.7 setup to sail smoothly with a RIPE block over the VLAN. This is a nearly a step by step guide. I put it on my own server for my personal reference.

Read the tutorial about OpenVZ and the VLAN.

At the end you get your VE (or VM) to have private and/or RIPE IP and they can communicate with each other nicely with the right source IP depending on the network (public/RIPE or private).

A good source of information is also the French OVH forum. It is faster to use Google to search the forum: forums.ovh.com proxmox vlan. Note that I am not using the "site:" filter of Google to grab also some other interesting resources. I read nearly all the sites referenced in the first page of this search.
Hey,

tried to get this to work on Proxmox 1.8 (2.6.32 Kernel), but I get this very nice error:
Code:
arpsend: 178.32.238.129 is detected on another computer : 00:1c:c0:d3:d5:7f
vps-net_add WARNING: arpsend -c 1 -w 1 -D -e 178.32.238.129 eth0.2152 FAILED
Anyone have an idea why?

Loic
08-01-2011, 17:32
Myatu, I think I read everything you wrote about ProxMox. You were the first to explain in two lines easily for me the goal of the proxy_arp settings: http://www.myatus.co.uk/2010/03/20/g...ending-its-us/

Thanks a lot!

Myatu
08-01-2011, 17:03
How-to vote +1

Loic
08-01-2011, 15:01
Hello,

after a large number of hours trying to understand what was going on, I finally got my ProxMox 1.7 setup to sail smoothly with a RIPE block over the VLAN. This is a nearly a step by step guide. I put it on my own server for my personal reference.

Read the tutorial about OpenVZ and the VLAN.

At the end you get your VE (or VM) to have private and/or RIPE IP and they can communicate with each other nicely with the right source IP depending on the network (public/RIPE or private).

A good source of information is also the French OVH forum. It is faster to use Google to search the forum: forums.ovh.com proxmox vlan. Note that I am not using the "site:" filter of Google to grab also some other interesting resources. I read nearly all the sites referenced in the first page of this search.