OVH Community, your new community space.

Does vKVM work for you?

RapidSpeeds
12-01-2011, 12:28
You get what you pay for Andmed, simples.

andmed
11-01-2011, 00:57
Its not a policy decision it is just we do not support it on the RPS, if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.

--- I love this! Thank you

Neil
09-01-2011, 23:02
Quote Originally Posted by andmed
What the difficulty is? RPS claims to be "real" machine, so vKVM should work on RPS as well (arguably, even with more ease)

If this restriction is a "policy decision" though, that means, I am just out of luck. I was planning to install other OS, and will not upgrade to "truly real" dedicated simply to get that.. Too bad (
Its not a policy decision it is just we do not support it on the RPS, if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.

We offer a wide range of operating systems on the RPS and Dedicated Server range, we do not support custom installations, if you wanted to try we would recommend a dedicated server with KVM over IP.

andmed
09-01-2011, 19:16
2Andy:

note on keyboard makes sense, but I was copy-pasting... Will see the answer from support on Monday.

andmed
09-01-2011, 19:07
What the difficulty is? RPS claims to be "real" machine, so vKVM should work on RPS as well (arguably, even with more ease)

If this restriction is a "policy decision" though, that means, I am just out of luck. I was planning to install other OS, and will not upgrade to "truly real" dedicated simply to get that.. Too bad (

Neil
09-01-2011, 17:09
Quote Originally Posted by andmed
I have got RPS with Debian install.

I have this problem - I installed vKVM netboot and get a pass, but can not log in with this pass. Tried several times.

Three days I am keeping contact with the tech support with no much results (Holidays?). The last reply was that "The kvm netboot is dedicated for Windows OS in order to see errors", as if it really matters which OS is installed on local disk to do netboot... It looks like it is not really going to start working for me(?)

Anyone have this sort of problems?
Hi

vKVM is really not for RPS, it is only supported for Windows Server 2003 Dedicated Servers. If you have Linux on an RPS you should use Rescue Mode.

Andy
09-01-2011, 16:00
Support is not open weekends. They are open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm only.

vKVM sometimes defaults to using a French keyboard layout, so try switching your own to that and using the on-screen keyboard. It's been documented before and that may be happening to you.

andmed
09-01-2011, 13:56
I have got RPS with Debian install.

I have this problem - I installed vKVM netboot and get a pass, but can not log in with this pass. Tried several times.

Three days I am keeping contact with the tech support with no much results (Holidays?). The last reply was that "The kvm netboot is dedicated for Windows OS in order to see errors", as if it really matters which OS is installed on local disk to do netboot... It looks like it is not really going to start working for me(?)

Anyone have this sort of problems?