OVH Community, your new community space.

Late payment

Thelen
22-02-2011, 08:48
They have turned mine off in the past, but that was after 3 days of not paying.

Actually come to think of it, it was on the 2 servers I had constant power/heat problems with, so I bet they crashed on their own >_>

Neil
21-02-2011, 15:06
Hi

Not Alton Towers related, but I can confirm that we just block it on the switchport, the server itself is not touched at all it is still online as it was left.

unclebob
20-02-2011, 23:10
Quote Originally Posted by NickW
Support ticket: Why is my VPS offline?

Response: Sorry, I was at Alton Towers all day.
This made me chuckle

NickW
20-02-2011, 14:56
Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeChap
Server stays switched on, just the network is cut, happened to me when I forgot to pay for one and went to alton towers for the day, all VPS were still online after just no network
Support ticket: Why is my VPS offline?

Response: Sorry, I was at Alton Towers all day.

HandsomeChap
20-02-2011, 11:11
Server stays switched on, just the network is cut, happened to me when I forgot to pay for one and went to alton towers for the day, all VPS were still online after just no network

DigitalDaz
20-02-2011, 10:57
I agree with Rapidspeeds and Andy here. I think you just had a bit of bad luck, I don't believe OVH touches the server in any way.

I've always assumed they just disable the swichport or something similar.

I'll have a look next time, see if I see a network interface going up or down in the logs

RapidSpeeds
20-02-2011, 00:01
Yes, I am sure all it basically does it nullroute the IP (or as Andy says, something more advanced like the switch killing the port of the server), but the server itself continues to run.

Andy
19-02-2011, 21:47
Their suspension system just disconnects the ethernet I believe. The server stays running.

Speedy059
19-02-2011, 21:47
I forgot to pay for a server, paid it 2 hours after it was suspended. Then the server was unsuspended and never worked again. Had to put it into Rescue-Pro mode and backup everything and reinstall the machine. Is it common for their Suspension system to corrupt machines?

RapidSpeeds
19-02-2011, 16:45
It can be anywhere between 3-10days we have noticed.

DigitialDaz is correct though, as soon as they have recieved your payment the server is re-activated, but remember it will not give you a month from now, just a the remaining days from the day it was supposed to be paid.

DigitalDaz
19-02-2011, 13:07
Be aware though too, that probably already, your service is suspended thought it only usually takes minutes for them to restore service once payment is made.

LawsHosting
19-02-2011, 00:50
A week to my knowledge

mmgRay
18-02-2011, 21:24
Hi,

It seems we have forgot to pay to renew our services yesterday, how much time do we still have to pay? More importantly, how long does it take to process the said payment on OVHs end?

PS. I know there are several topics on this issue but since they are all fairly old I thought I'd ask again.

Regards,
Ray