OVH Community, your new community space.

Cancel Professional Use

rickyday
16-05-2013, 21:02
Surprised he helped at all after that name you called him RichardWnl

Andy
16-05-2013, 20:30
Especially when it's Neil He's always served us well. I owe him more than one or two pints!

macole111
16-05-2013, 20:22
OVH UK support is awesome, most issues can be dealt with through them.

-macole111

RichardWnl
16-05-2013, 18:46
Resolved with the help of Neil!! Thanks so much..

Neil
15-05-2013, 18:39
Quote Originally Posted by RichardWnl
So basically OVH wants to continue charging me £15.00 /month for something I do NOT need / use. I don't have anything that requires the Tuning Option.

Their solution: Shut up, give us money and order the same server again. Now start wasting your time by configuring everything again..
And we don't care that you lose the server name and IP address that you're used to.

BAST@RDS!! Very disappointed
Hi

Please can you send an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk your nic handle and server address so I can double check?

RichardWnl
15-05-2013, 16:53
So basically OVH wants to continue charging me £15.00 /month for something I do NOT need / use. I don't have anything that requires the Tuning Option.

Their solution: Shut up, give us money and order the same server again. Now start wasting your time by configuring everything again..
And we don't care that you lose the server name and IP address that you're used to.

BAST@RDS!! Very disappointed

RichardWnl
23-04-2013, 17:24
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Do you know the reason, do you have a RIPE Block or Firewall for example?
I only have 3 single Failover IPs with that server.

Myatu
22-04-2013, 17:10
... against our terms of service to remove Professional Use ...
You would have had to agree to those terms - it cannot be something on the whim of things. So I'd double check the T&C's you've agreed to, and if indeed this is stated in them.

Thelen
22-04-2013, 15:07
Does seem like a bit of fail, but OTOH, GWYPF.

Neil
19-04-2013, 13:22
Hi

Do you know the reason, do you have a RIPE Block or Firewall for example?

RichardWnl
19-04-2013, 12:32
Now 2 years laters I want to cancel the Professional Use option...

But here we go...

Hello,

Apologies for our late response, my colleague Edward has been unavailable. I have checked this issue out with my colleagues and have been informed it is now against our terms of service to remove Professional Use from a server. It must remain on a server for good.

Regards,

Tom
This is just ridiculous, come on guys!!

marks
20-04-2011, 15:33
if the IPs are not really routed to that server, should be fine to cancel it. But we'll have to have a look here in the support. Drop us an email with the server name and the request.

RichardWnl
20-04-2011, 14:21
When I go here:
Home > Dedicated servers > Services > RIPE IP FailOver

There is still a block listed as: "Status: Divided".

Though the IPs have been moved manually to a different server, since moving them as a block is no longer possible

That's OK, right?

Neil
15-04-2011, 17:02
Hi

Even if the RIPE Block is spilt on that server you would still need the Professional Use. But if all the IP's were moved to another server, then you could cancel the Professional Use.

RichardWnl
15-04-2011, 16:35
Thank you for your response Razakel, but I need to have this confirmed by an official OVH staff member.

Razakel
15-04-2011, 16:23
What if a Ripe IP Block has been ordered with a server using Professional Use.
And I decide to split the block into single Failover IPs. Would it still be possible to cancel the Professional Use option?
Only if those IPs are moved to a different server, IIRC.

RichardWnl
15-04-2011, 12:44
What if a Ripe IP Block has been ordered with a server using Professional Use.
And I decide to split the block into single Failover IPs. Would it still be possible to cancel the Professional Use option?

RichardWnl
10-03-2011, 18:46
Thanks for the info, I have ordered the Tuning option

Automating it would surely be much easier.. let's hope it'll be developed somewhere within the next couple of months.

Something else is the FTP Backup Service (100GB). I wish there was an option to clean it with a click of the button. A friend of mine did have a server where he was unable to delete the folder structure, so he manually had to remove everything (Linux OS). I think there's some room for improvement, an option within the OVH manager to remove all files on the hard disk would be appreciated.

Neil
09-03-2011, 12:03
Quote Originally Posted by maybars
Come on I have experienced at least 5 European datacenters and at least 3 datacenters in US. I can say easily say that OVH has the best server management panel I have ever seen. I mean, "come on again " after all of these abilities, OVH is not able to develope panel to check them all and remove professional use via panel?
Not yet, but never say never We do try and automate as much as we can, but we do not get that many requests to remove professional usage. Once we do I am sure it will be come available.

maybars
08-03-2011, 19:39
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
It is been worked on, but the problem is it used for multiple services, KVM, RIPE Blocks, Hard Raid, Firewall, Load Balancers, vRack etc...

Currently it is best if we manually check before removal to make sure there are no services being used by the professional option.
Come on I have experienced at least 5 European datacenters and at least 3 datacenters in US. I can say easily say that OVH has the best server management panel I have ever seen. I mean, "come on again " after all of these abilities, OVH is not able to develope panel to check them all and remove professional use via panel?

Neil
08-03-2011, 11:58
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Neil, it being 2011 and all, can't this be automated? Saves you some time...
It is been worked on, but the problem is it used for multiple services, KVM, RIPE Blocks, Hard Raid, Firewall, Load Balancers, vRack etc...

Currently it is best if we manually check before removal to make sure there are no services being used by the professional option.

Myatu
07-03-2011, 23:03
Neil, it being 2011 and all, can't this be automated? Saves you some time...

Neil
07-03-2011, 15:54
Hi

Yes we can remove the professional usage if there is nothing attached to it. Just need to send us an email and the reason and we will double check.

zydron
07-03-2011, 13:12
If there are no services currently in use, that requires professional use, you can mail OVH support for removing it.

There is a case about this on the dutch forum, where the dutch staff said the line above.

RichardWnl
07-03-2011, 02:23
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
OVH state you cannot remove any additions to make to servers, be it an additional USB disk, IP's etc. To cancel, you have to get a new server and cancel the old one.

You might be lucky if you call them up but don't hold your breath. OVH's practices have changed quite a bit. All cases I've heard were it's not possible to remove it.
For USB Disks I can understand, same for IPs on old servers where they charge 1 EUR p/month. It's not really customer friendly, but so be it. Getting used to paying money for IPs on servers when they aren't even used, simply because I can't remove em'
Personally I would be more than happy to pay a removal/cancellation fee for USB disks, but I can also see the benefits for OVH.. so mixed feelings.

Professional Use is something different, it's nothing but air. If I don't make use of it.. I don't see why I should pay for it. There might be times when I need to add a few extra IPs.. so I will order the Professional Use option - slightly expensive for 1 or 2 extra IPs. But you won't hear me complain. Though when I no longer need those IPs with that particular server I move them over to a server which also has Professional Use. So I can cancel the Tuning option.. as there is nothing left that requires it.
At least that's how it worked in the earlier days, I e-mailed OVH and they removed the option.

If what you are saying is true, it's like paying to park my car, but when I drive away they still keep charging me for a service I no longer use.

I don't really need to cancel the Tuning option now.. but I need to add a few more IPs to one of my servers. So I would like to know, before ordering if it's possible to cancel it again when I no longer need it.
Because I would have expected after such amount of time there would be a button to remove the Tuning option if there are no services active that require it. Same for a button to clean the FTP backup storage, but that's a different story.

Andy
06-03-2011, 16:47
OVH state you cannot remove any additions to make to servers, be it an additional USB disk, IP's etc. To cancel, you have to get a new server and cancel the old one.

You might be lucky if you call them up but don't hold your breath. OVH's practices have changed quite a bit. All cases I've heard were it's not possible to remove it.

RichardWnl
06-03-2011, 16:38
I did have the professional usage for two servers, probably 1-2 years ago. But since I didn't need the option anymore (no longer using more than 3 IPs). I wanted to cancel it, so I contacted OVH support and they removed it.
(I moved all the IPs to the other server, which kept the Professional Use option).

Now, 1-2years later it's still not possible to cancel the option myself. Do I still need to contact support to get it removed?