OVH Community, your new community space.

Connection Problems

tfcrazy
24-06-2008, 18:15
Hmm ok. Well i just tried it via logging on from another pc in this household and its worked fine. And another person who uses the server can get onto it from their side.

OK it works now. had messed up the ssl some how

Dave
24-06-2008, 17:32
Quote Originally Posted by tfcrazy
Ok this started today. I recently formatted my pc and reinstalled the os onto it.

Yesterday i could connect to my server through flashfxp and putty fine but today i can't connect through any of them FlashFXP just gets connection refused and Putty just gets incorrect root password. Now i know the root password is correct as i can access it through webmin that way and i can access other parts of my server through internet explorer.

But no other way that internet explorer.

If anyone has any help then it would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Glynn
This is more a configuration error rather than "Connection problem" I think the thread title should be revised.

Webmin access is usually directly linked to the root account (either via PAM or a direct read of /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow) so I would suggest that your login details are fine and its more of a config problem, I'd have a look to check SSH allows root login although if this wasn't the case I'd expect access denied rather than incorrect password.

Either way if you've not made any configuration changes or installed software since this started I'd suspect your box has been compromised.

tfcrazy
24-06-2008, 16:27
Ok this started today. I recently formatted my pc and reinstalled the os onto it.

Yesterday i could connect to my server through flashfxp and putty fine but today i can't connect through any of them FlashFXP just gets connection refused and Putty just gets incorrect root password. Now i know the root password is correct as i can access it through webmin that way and i can access other parts of my server through internet explorer.

But no other way that internet explorer.

If anyone has any help then it would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Glynn