OVH Community, your new community space.

Giving away €1000

IainK
25-05-2011, 01:18
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Hello,

The 2 winners received 1000 for having helped us to improve the MoMi app. From version 1.7 (which was submitted today and should be available next week), the geolocation of an identifier can not be wrong any more. It will allow us to start the US/CA market calmly...

Feel free to check what I'm saying

Regards,

Octave
So you're saying another 1000 euro is available if somebody can crack it again?

RapidSpeeds
23-05-2011, 15:15
Well done unclebob! Fantastic to know things like this exist and there is real winners.

Glad it was someone from this community

jonlewi5
21-05-2011, 12:05
Well done unclebob!!

unclebob
20-05-2011, 20:45
Woohoo! Received it!

Thanks oles + OVH team

oles@ovh.net
20-05-2011, 18:14
Hello,

The 2 winners received €1000 for having helped us to improve the MoMi app. From version 1.7 (which was submitted today and should be available next week), the geolocation of an identifier can not be wrong any more. It will allow us to start the US/CA market calmly...

Feel free to check what I'm saying

Regards,

Octave

Winit
17-05-2011, 20:38
If you win, you need to send me your bank account details and I will make the transfer within the week.
10char

unclebob
17-05-2011, 11:57
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
They have not forgotten, a bit more difficult than first thought, but you should get the reward this week
Brilliant, thanks again Neil

Neil
17-05-2011, 11:44
Quote Originally Posted by unclebob
Thanks Neil
They have not forgotten, a bit more difficult than first thought, but you should get the reward this week

unclebob
16-05-2011, 19:23
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Congrats on winning the contest, unclebob!
Thanks!

Myatu
16-05-2011, 18:03
Congrats on winning the contest, unclebob!

unclebob
16-05-2011, 12:59
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Will get this looked into, I am sure the payment is on the way.
Thanks Neil

Neil
16-05-2011, 11:51
I know that it's not the UK team who are dealing with this, but it's been really difficult getting OVH (.com) to do anything after they confirmed I'd won.

Sent my bank account details and they were ignored, was then told I'm now going to be paid via PayPal (strange, but I sent off my details anyway), heard nothing back so I sent another email reminder. I was told to expect payment on the 10th or 11th May and it's now the 15th.

I know it's a low priority competition prize and I'm not really owed anything, but it's just disappointing considering I've been waiting since March and it would only take someone a few minutes to sort it out.

If PayPal's too difficult, I'll accept 100000 loyalty points
Hi

Will get this looked into, I am sure the payment is on the way.

BoxSlots
16-05-2011, 00:26
I know that it's not the UK team who are dealing with this, but it's been really difficult getting OVH (.com) to do anything after they confirmed I'd won.

Sent my bank account details and they were ignored, was then told I'm now going to be paid via PayPal (strange, but I sent off my details anyway), heard nothing back so I sent another email reminder. I was told to expect payment on the 10th or 11th May and it's now the 15th.

I know it's a low priority competition prize and I'm not really owed anything, but it's just disappointing considering I've been waiting since March and it would only take someone a few minutes to sort it out.

Low priority or not, you were a winner in something you entered honestly, imo they should have paid up on the prmosied date! good luck with getting your monies owed.

unclebob
15-05-2011, 21:25

elvis1
07-04-2011, 01:52
if you have two methods ( and have them revealed ) you should pay both as you are making profit/not loosing money thanks to both techniques

unclebob
04-04-2011, 13:16
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
congrats unclebob; unfortunately you have to pay the 500 setup fee first followed by the 15 monthly professional fee until you've finished spending the 1,000
Heh, I wouldn't mind. If I win the prize I think I'll use it to upgrade from my 9.99 RPS1...

oles@ovh.net
04-04-2011, 12:32
Hello
We have 2 winners with 2 different methods.

We're just patching MoMi for the 1st method and looking to see if the 2nd way is really feasible on a jailbroken device.

It's €1000 per each method that works and we are watching the logs to know who did it first and for which method.

All the best

Octave

Rilly
30-03-2011, 22:57
congrats unclebob; unfortunately you have to pay the €500 setup fee first followed by the €15 monthly professional fee until you've finished spending the €1,000

Myatu
30-03-2011, 18:58
Managed to do this on a non-jailbroken iPhone 4
1 day, not bad. Hope it's not due to poor programming on OVH's side

YouWhat
30-03-2011, 09:46
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds

What community? The forum community or the ovh payroll community? :P
More likely the payrolled community for various obvious reasons

RapidSpeeds
30-03-2011, 08:34
Well done unclebob

Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Those are the rules of the game The community will decide if your method works or not and then who wins the €1,000.
What community? The forum community or the ovh payroll community? :P

unclebob
29-03-2011, 22:51
Managed to do this on a non-jailbroken iPhone 4

Emailed oles and now awaiting a response. Will post a tutorial if anyone's interested

(pm21040-ovh)

Myatu
29-03-2011, 16:31
So OVH has gone as far as translating the title, then gave up? I can understand... Even my own Frenglish translation did a shoddy job...

oles@ovh.net
28-03-2011, 20:48
Good evening,

Momi, which is available on Apple's AppStore is upgrading to version 1.4. There's a few new features (see changelog).

Also, you can now geolocalise your ID with your iPhone or iPad. This will be very useful to take advantage of promotions that are geolocalised for the city, the country etc ...

So that's exactly it! Are you able to hack the GPS system we have enabled on Momi?

Go for it! I'm giving €1,000 to the person who succeeds in hacking our system. To earn this amount you must: - spoof the coordinates of your nic in our database to "0.00 0.00" - successfully validate this spoof with the signature and the checks that we have set it up - and announce the method used on a site. It must be reproducible, meaning that almost anyone should be able to spoof this validation and succeed.

Those are the rules of the game The community will decide if your method works or not and then who wins the €1,000.

Download the App here:
http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/momi/id410337385?mt=8

You can also use a jailbroken iPhone. All shots are allowed!

If you win, you need to send me your bank account details and I will make the transfer within the week. Feel free to talk about it around you. It would be a shame to miss an opportunity to make easy money ... Really easy? ... So? Hack? or not to Hack?

All the best

Octave