OVH Community, your new community space.

VPS first step?

RapidSpeeds
22-04-2011, 15:38
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
VPS hack coming soon. Watch this space.
Why you going to 'hack' him Winit ?

Palad1n
21-04-2011, 23:01
You might want to to a CentOS install and VirtualMin control panel.

Basic, Free but simple to setup and use.

Or ISPConfig (google Perfect Server centos 5.5) and you find setup guide on installation.

Keep it simple, Plesk/CPanel probably overkill.

Winit
21-04-2011, 22:31
VPS hack coming soon. Watch this space.

stuart_c
20-04-2011, 18:02
Thanks Marks. I've gone for Release 2 and now have webmin up

marks
20-04-2011, 15:29
Yes, you should be able to reinstall here:

https://www.ovh.co.uk/managerv5/

>> VPS Servers >> click on your VPS >> Reinstall

Interesting options here are:
-Release 2 OVH (comes with webmin)
-Linux Plesk
-Linux Cpanel
-Linux Parallels Small Business Pane

or any other distribution that you're familiar with and you want to set up yourself or with your favourite control panel.

stuart_c
20-04-2011, 14:15
Thanks Mark

The op system is Debian 5.0. I just read the following info from the Dedicated Server sales pages about Debian:

"For Debian fans.

No service (except SSH) is set up to enable personalised configuration of a server

Requires advanced knowledge of server management"

So it looks like Im on my own! I dont remember seeing any choice about which op system you get apart from windows/linux choice although this could just be my ignorance. If anyone could suggest what to installe eg Apache/plesk etc that would be good!

Thanks

Stuart

marks
20-04-2011, 10:18
that would be depending on the OS and applications you've chosen. For example, if you've gone for the Plesk installation, the control panel will be there ready for you. If you've chosen a plain distribution (Debian, Ubuntu Server, CentOS, ... ), it may not come with any of these control panels, but you definitely can install them yourself.

stuart_c
19-04-2011, 18:45
Hi

A few days ago I got myself a Virtual Private Server from ovh. Being a complete novice on servers I am a a bit lost as to where to start. What I want to do is host my own sites on the VPS. Can someone point me in the right direction, I am not sure if any of the help pages apply to VPS? For example will webmin or ovhm be on the server?

Thanks for any help!