OVH Community, your new community space.

Will my server be removed?

LawsHosting
03-05-2011, 09:49
Ideally, and personally, I renew mine 7 days before the date, therefore if issues arise, there's 7 days to get it rectified.

My post wasn't to get at you personally by the way.

antdgar
02-05-2011, 12:01
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Is there any reason why people leave it to the last minute? Doesn't make sense to me if the server is vital to people.
well, my post states that i didn't leave it to the last minute. i left it to the last 24 hours.

and there are always reasons in this case, my old credit card expired and i had to use the new one which i received yesterday.

LawsHosting
02-05-2011, 10:32
Is there any reason why people leave it to the last minute? Doesn't make sense to me if the server is vital to people.

Andy
02-05-2011, 09:58
E-Mail support only today I believe.

antdgar
02-05-2011, 08:56
the payment has still not been accepted or rejected. it has been 24 hours.
are ovh open today!?

Razakel
02-05-2011, 01:06
Quote Originally Posted by antdgar
My server expires in 1 hour.
However, I paid for renewal 5 hours ago and it says that my order is awaiting verification by OVH. The payment has not been verified by them yet.

So what is going to happen once the expiration time passes?
You get a 24-hour grace period. After that, as RapidSpeeds said, your IPs are null-routed for about 4 days (reactivation is pretty much instant), before your server is recycled.

antdgar
01-05-2011, 18:48
thank you

RapidSpeeds
01-05-2011, 18:28
Hi Antdgar,

Normally the services expire around 8.36am in the morning (if you have not paid).

Currently in the UK it's 6.28pm so you have just over 10hours for your payment to clear, before it expires.

All they will do is nullroute the IP so you won't be able to access it, but the server will still remain active and powered on (you have about 4days grace period after your server expires before they re-cycle it).

antdgar
01-05-2011, 17:03
My server expires in 1 hour.
However, I paid for renewal 5 hours ago and it says that my order is awaiting verification by OVH. The payment has not been verified by them yet.

So what is going to happen once the expiration time passes?